Flight as High as You Want

Reaction score
I think it's been a good 4 or 5 days since we had a good "debate" so I'll throw this out there (confirmation)... using the Litchi P3 app you can (still) set the maximum altitude at any number. Exit the app and unplug the display device. Plug it back in and load up the DJI app. The altitude setting will be the same as you set it in the Litchi app. I've _not_ confirmed that the P3 will fly this high but I don't see why not.

This works in the current DJI Go app and firmware which was released 9/7/2015.

This will allow people to fly higher then 500m above take off point and to remain under 400' or 500m above ground if flying up an embankment of some type.

So let's get started with the flame posts about 400'/500m flying. I just loving logging in and seeing 50 alerts of quotes.

I think it's been a good 4 or 5 days since we had a good "debate" so I'll throw this out there (confirmation)... using the Litchi P3 app you can (still) set the maximum altitude at any number. Exit the app and unplug the display device. Plug it back in and load up the DJI app. The altitude setting will be the same as you set it in the Litchi app. I've _not_ confirmed that the P3 will fly this high but I don't see why not.

This works in the current DJI Go app and firmware which was released 9/7/2015.

This will allow people to fly higher then 500m above take off point and to remain under 400' or 500m above ground if flying up an embankment of some type.

So let's get started with the flame posts about 400'/500m flying. I just loving logging in and seeing 50 alerts of quotes.
Haha **** stirrer......

Last edited:
Not a lot of times you would need to fly higher than 1600ft, but if you were chasing someone down a good ski hill, you might hit limits.

Personally, I'm not for nanny systems. I like to have the option, but I prefer to leave all control in the pilot hands. That way, if something unsafe is done, they can't say "well the app didn't stop me...". You know who to blame :)

Good pilots should know the limits.

You one to talk !
BaHahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
;)
Who? Little old me?
tumblr_inline_n72y59XZuF1syzodr.gif

You are doing something right when the Irish and Missippians both are calling you out!
Ya...still mad cause he wouldn't give me a 700 a year ago when he had two !
Right Mal o_O
Ya had to be there SENC :)
**** Leprechaun gave it to him ;)

Reactions: Fplvert
Personally, I'm not for nanny systems. I like to have the option, but I prefer to leave all control in the pilot hands. That way, if something unsafe is done, they can't say "well the app didn't stop me...". You know who to blame :)

I'm sure, just as with the way DJI set up the waypoint mode, it's really about DJI's liability and keeping in the good graces with local government.

Right Mal o_O
Sorry I missed it. You live in a great area, too. I got to see Amory a little over 20 years ago when I was there for my best friends wedding - during one of the worst snow/ice storms that area had ever seen. Later lived in jackson for a few years. Love Mississippi.

Reactions: dirkclod
Right Mal o_O
Are you still going on about that re700 WiFi extender that the leprechauns gave me one night on the way home from the pub? :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Sorry I missed it. You live in a great area, too. I got to see Amory a little over 20 years ago when I was there for my best friends wedding - during one of the worst snow/ice storms that area had ever seen. Later lived in jackson for a few years. Love Mississippi.
Grew up in Chapel Hill during the late 60's :rolleyes:

Reactions: SENC
There's the king of the little people right there. The most loved irishman outside Ireland and most hated Irishman in Ireland ;)
I just like the band ! Now we done got OT and if the G man was here he would ban me again :)

Reactions: Fplvert and SENC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl