Flickering video when streaming from drone

evs

Reaction score
If I try to stream a video (saved in my MicroSD card) to my drone, I get interference.

Something like this:
pYQz2qD.jpg

Is that normal?

I use a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1

I have a couple of Samsungs. My S6 Edge did that but it was red, where my 10.1" tablet was green - and their tablet didn't fit into the clamp either (too wide.). The phone broke up less of the two devices too. Really bad when it broke up enough anything I pushed was delayed until the screen cured itself. The breaking straw for me was when the micro-USB shorted out the S6 Edge phone where it would shutdown and re-boot itself. DJI suggested a faulty cable and it was.

The cure for me was I ended up paying a small fortune for the iPad Air 2 + Cellular (T-mobile add-on plan for $10.). Fixed. No more breaking up at all. I'm not an Apple fan boy at all having invested too much in MS software and hardware, plus the Samsung Android stuff, and I didn't want to go that third OS route either. Took me a week to get Apple Pay to work at the Apple Care end (Apple online support is slow, like days!) and the bank both, and then I got locked out when I entered letters for the passcode that took 14 hours to restore the system from scratch so I could get back in. Okay, I don't like iTtunes either as it controls too much of the iOS restore when things go bad - and they did until I figured it out. Apple is just too wrapped up in iTunes, iCloud, iWhatever and sundry accounts for all that stuff, ugh!

Back on topic, I don't know if its an Android software problem (They are a bit different in layout too.) or hardware issue, but it seems the two OS's stream data differently with Apple being the faster of the two for data and probably why they break up less. I know their Lightning connector is much faster than micro-USB so there may also be some better or faster hardware backing up their odd connector too.

Someone suggested lowering your video rate as a test. Take it off 4K and try the lowest rate and see if the streaming improves and then work up speed.

Good luck.

Mack

Last edited:
Reactions: Aunt G
it improved for me when I deleted the dji app and reinstalled. still occurs occas. for Samsung note 4 and Tab S. it's a shame.

I had this problem before when I tilted the camera all the way up and down. I figured out it was the GSM signal interfering. I set my phone to Flight mode and the problem happens only occasionally.
Now, however I found out I have the streaming problem, specially with the pictures. Almost all of them look like the picture I posted in the topic. I can't check out the photos I have taken with the drone.
I'll use an iPad I have here and see what's up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl