Flickering video and other issues...

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have created my first video and I would like to check if you guys have some similar issues...

http://youtu.be/L5WE4Thc44c

or better at

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152037244306656

First, what bugs me most is the flickering (1'12). Any experience avoiding this?

At one point, my drone stopped reporting battery level and i was lucky enough to be over the beach when I no longer was able to pull it up... Anybody had a similar issue?

Seems like the whole camera is tilted right thus allowing me to have rather horizontally straight shots only when I fly left (because the drone is tilted to the other side). Can you somehow adjust that?

I tried to shoot 60fps but the video is very blurry and certainly not a slomo (1'57). When shooting 30fps, the video is very sharp... Do you shoot 60fps and if so, why?

Thanks guys.

Odd that it's flickering, my first guess would have been that it was a reflection from the water that might have caused the exposure to change, but that wouldn't have caused the 2nd flicker.

Are you using GoPro or Vision??

60fps should be visually identical . just at a different frame rate (which allows you to better slow it down in your editing app)

I use Vision.

The flickering appears in other parts of the video and in some cases so strong that I cannot use the video.

The 60fps is very different from 30fps. Very blurry at 100% while the 30fps is sharp. You can clearly see at 0'54 very sharp video, while 1'35 or 1'55 is very soft.

I should point here that this was my first video and my first serious flying away from my back yard, so I was messing with the setting...

QuadZilla said:
Are you capturing at 720/60p or 1080/60i?

I shot 1080/60 so I assume it was 60i... I assumed it is slomo, but now, when you mentioned 60i, I see it is not...

At my end it looks to me like exposure changes. Try filming something static with a constant exposure and see if you get the same thing.

Fair Game said:
At my end it looks to me like exposure changes. Try filming something static with a constant exposure and see if you get the same thing.

Yup. Exposure.

Just checked out some footage from a number of GoPro's and found shots from both GP2 and GP3 with similar problem. Pretty sure it is just the auto-exposure being a bit harsh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20