Flicker in Video

Reaction score
I've noticed a flicker in my video footage in 4k. It shows up in the un-processed file and the post processed file. Also I noticed my Gimble making a whining noise. I thought that might be normal until I went out with a guy that had a P3 this weekend. His didn't make that noise. Can you see the flicker in this video or am I just expecting too much. I have not noticed the flickering until this last week. Here is something I shot Saturday.

There's a bit of jello too, I don't think any of them record perfectly 100% of the time.
Are you using manually locked settings - exposure and white balance?
Doing that would likely help or be worth trying.
I noticed a bit near the end where it was struggling to set exposure on shiny water which must be difficult to deal with.
(shocking video BTW - great thing to record though!)

Not sure about the whining, perhaps you could record a short video?
Note the P3P has a small fan on the gimbal, but P3A does not.
The gimbal motors will make a protesting noise when it hits the limits.
If you are getting that sort of noise in normal flight positions something's up

Hmm, i figured it would have been prop shadows from the title, but unfortunately the video shows otherwise.

There's a bit of jello too, I don't think any of them record perfectly 100% of the time.
Are you using manually locked settings - exposure and white balance?
Doing that would likely help or be worth trying.
I noticed a bit near the end where it was struggling to set exposure on shiny water which must be difficult to deal with.
(shocking video BTW - great thing to record though!)

Not sure about the whining, perhaps you could record a short video?
Note the P3P has a small fan on the gimbal, but P3A does not.
The gimbal motors will make a protesting noise when it hits the limits.
If you are getting that sort of noise in normal flight positions something's up

Thank you for the input on the settings. I have not manually set anything yet and possibly an ND filter would help in bright situations. Here is a dropbox link to the noise: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o3mzrg2hng15dr/Phantom 3 Noise-1.mp4?dl=0

The video has some interference in it and is making some background noise. The gimble is making a grinding noise. Let me know if you have any ideas. It has been doing it since I got it.

I've noticed a flicker in my video footage in 4k. It shows up in the un-processed file and the post processed file. Also I noticed my Gimble making a whining noise. I thought that might be normal until I went out with a guy that had a P3 this weekend. His didn't make that noise. Can you see the flicker in this video or am I just expecting too much. I have not noticed the flickering until this last week. Here is something I shot Saturday.

Mine does the exact same. I also have problem in the Auto mode with white balance. I have to set ISO to 800 and adjust white balance to get any sort of picture. I had Phantom 2 Plus previous which had much better image quality. can anyone put me in the right direction?

i haven't seen your video clip......but i was experiencing what looked like flicker until i realized it was prop reflection...a lens hood solved the issue immediately....

i also get that whining sound ??? curious.....what i would like to know is why i only get 12-13 minutes of flight time with this brand new phantom 3 advanced........i used to get in excess of 18 minutes with my phantom 2........i always charge my battery before each flight and i still get no time at all....i have another one on order and it has been over a month and i still have not received it though i had to pay for it up front.....to tell you the truth...i have had nothing but issues with this phantom 3...getting the right tablet to work with the pilot app...getting the right pilot app as the google play store has the wrong one.....learning how to use the pilot app....it has been one big pain in the ***....i would rather have my old go pro and phantom 2 back to tell you the truth...i am extremely extremely disappointed in both the phantom 3 and the crap service i am getting from dji...........anyway...enough ranting......if you have any ideas about battery life please let me know....cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20