Flew over the Gulf in florida

I haven't done a great deal with video until now. My experience was with stills (DSLR and SLR shooting back to the '70s) and with CGI rendered graphics (starting with Bryce 2 back in mid '90s).

There are free or inexpensive video editors out there that will do for basic editing. I use premiere. Prior to Premiere, I used Camtasia but only on a limited basis and I really wouldn't recommend that one for high quality video editing due to its limited color grading options.

I already own and use Photoshop and Lightroom so Premiere seemed a logical next step.

FYI, the SD card on the bird is where the full resolution stills are in addition to the full resolution video. Whats sent to the iOS/Android device are not intended (generally) to be used to produce final products from. They are there as a low res backup and for use during a flight for FPV. I have turned off video caching on the device as I feel its a pointless waste of space and overhead on my tablet/phone. I haven't seen any practical need for it to be honest. Maybe other more experienced pilots can chime in with some useful points about the cache'd video. But for me, I felt it was pointless.

The Gulf life

Attachments

• 1461606171809.jpg
    1461606171809.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 240
Reactions: meissner58
I haven't done a great deal with video until now. My experience was with stills (DSLR and SLR shooting back to the '70s) and with CGI rendered graphics (starting with Bryce 2 back in mid '90s).

There are free or inexpensive video editors out there that will do for basic editing. I use premiere. Prior to Premiere, I used Camtasia but only on a limited basis and I really wouldn't recommend that one for high quality video editing due to its limited color grading options.

I already own and use Photoshop and Lightroom so Premiere seemed a logical next step.

FYI, the SD card on the bird is where the full resolution stills are in addition to the full resolution video. Whats sent to the iOS/Android device are not intended (generally) to be used to produce final products from. They are there as a low res backup and for use during a flight for FPV. I have turned off video caching on the device as I feel its a pointless waste of space and overhead on my tablet/phone. I haven't seen any practical need for it to be honest. Maybe other more experienced pilots can chime in with some useful points about the cache'd video. But for me, I felt it was pointless.
Thank you for your response and great advise! I often wondered about the whole cache thing. I will probably do the same. Again I had no idea it compressed down so much moving to my android tablet then Utube. I guess I assumed it wouldn't change a thing . I will pull my SD card next time and download on my home computer and then upload to Utube. I will also try one of your video editing programs . Thanks again. Be safe out there

Even if you shoot in 4k, the video cache on your android is still only going to be a low MB/s 720 video. Then you upload that to youtube and it re-compresses it and makes it worse.

FYI, its a good idea to empty the SD card after each flight or at least after each outing. That way if you loose the bird in a tree or in the drink, you haven't lost ALL your videos and images, just the ones you shot that flight/day.

Reactions: meissner58
Even if you shoot in 4k, the video cache on your android is still only going to be a low MB/s 720 video. Then you upload that to youtube and it re-compresses it and makes it worse.

FYI, its a good idea to empty the SD card after each flight or at least after each outing. That way if you loose the bird in a tree or in the drink, you haven't lost ALL your videos and images, just the ones you shot that flight/day.
Gotcha thanks! It's a shame I deleted my florida video. Now I have no chance of re uploading the right way. I'll do it right next time :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj