Flew over a car crash real quick while stuck in traffic

I don't understand why people argue opinions in these forums. To be heard? OK. Fair enough.

Anyone with an opinion isn't going to change it.

The big thing about the questioning of the Morals involved with filming an accident and immortalizing it is that you all have to realize that this guy is Not the mainstream Media and as such won't be broadcasting what he recorded on national TV to the world Which is Exactly what the Media would have done if they were there. Full HD recording of absolutely every detail they can possibly snap a shot of and no one says anything about their behavior and how they're a danger to every one in their full size Helo's and camera vans and also Drones.

I mean seriously Phantoms do not randomly drop out of the sky and land on people and decapitate them or slash them like Jason from Halloween! They're quite safe and Very reliable when it comes to doing as they're told. On the other side of this, admittedly this blokes actions were not the best, but at the end of the day, No one got hurt and no one is losing sleep over some dude flying a small remote control Qaud to have a sticky beak at an accident on a Public Tax funded high way! I would like to do it myself being in his situation but would not out of fear of consequences.

Reference the dude who claims that he makes 330k a year from his private business.......mate you need to relax and stop being such a Blow hard and consider donating some of the 330K a year to a Veterans charity to say thanks and support the men and woman who have served and died for your ability to freely earn so much money!

Point to Note: It is a Wealthy man's duty and indeed responsibility to help others far less fortunate than himself and use his wealth for the bettering of his country.
I served in the Australian Army for 17 years and was discharged due to being busted up and having a very bad back. Now I run my own embroidery business making patches for Patch nuts and Military and I always give a few thousand out of my average 45k per annum every year to Veterans groups that have helped me get to where I am today. Being wealthy does not make you a better person than anyone else, it simply gives you more opportunities to do good in this world.

Angel Squad, Cams Cause and Soldier on are some good Vet groups to look at daddy warbucks.

If you had 330k p/a......
Which drone would you buy??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would love to get footage of something newsworthy and sell it to the media. Just saying after reading all this. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dronego
It's all about the 'click' and ad dollars and the owner(s) are protected from any issues that may arise from discussions here.

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
Some of the attitudes from members on here are unbelievable, the more I read the more shocked I am that mods and admin let this go.
I completely agree with this statement.

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 8.57.45 PM✨ copy.jpg

Thread cleaned, please stay on topic.

Unknown.jpg

Some of the attitudes from members on here are unbelievable, the more I read the more shocked I am that mods and admin let this go.
Most of us have lives outside the forum and don't get to read every post.
If no-one reports unacceptable material, sometimes it doesn't get seen by a mod.

Most of us have lives outside the forum and don't get to read every post.
If no-one reports unacceptable material, sometimes it doesn't get seen by a mod.

I would correct this and say EVERYONE has lived outside this forum, just some wish to frequent the site more than others which is nothing but a good thing. Please don't use such a sweeping statement to insult every member of this forum. That said I hear what you are saying and agree that sometimes things slip under the mat, but almost every thread has some sort of argument, name calling, patronising attitude, drone police and general bickering. If the mods can't devote a certain amount of time to their role then either add more mods or offer the role to someone else. These are general rules that admin normally work by and have done for decades of forums. I ran my own for a number of years

I would correct this and say EVERYONE has lived outside this forum, just some wish to frequent the site more than others which is nothing but a good thing. Please don't use such a sweeping statement to insult every member of this forum. That said I hear what you are saying and agree that sometimes things slip under the mat, but almost every thread has some sort of argument, name calling, patronising attitude, drone police and general bickering. If the mods can't devote a certain amount of time to their role then either add more mods or offer the role to someone else. These are general rules that admin normally work by and have done for decades of forums. I ran my own for a number of years
I asked everyone nicely to stay on topic. Please send your concerns to the staff member you are addressing, not in this thread as it is inappropriate.

Reactions: BigAl07
The big thing about the questioning of the Morals involved with filming an accident and immortalizing it is that you all have to realize that this guy is Not the mainstream Media and as such won't be broadcasting what he recorded on national TV to the world Which is Exactly what the Media would have done if they were there. Full HD recording of absolutely every detail they can possibly snap a shot of and no one says anything about their behavior and how they're a danger to every one in their full size Helo's and camera vans and also Drones.

I mean seriously Phantoms do not randomly drop out of the sky and land on people and decapitate them or slash them like Jason from Halloween! They're quite safe and Very reliable when it comes to doing as they're told. On the other side of this, admittedly this blokes actions were not the best, but at the end of the day, No one got hurt and no one is losing sleep over some dude flying a small remote control Qaud to have a sticky beak at an accident on a Public Tax funded high way! I would like to do it myself being in his situation but would not out of fear of consequences.

Reference the dude who claims that he makes 330k a year from his private business.......mate you need to relax and stop being such a Blow hard and consider donating some of the 330K a year to a Veterans charity to say thanks and support the men and woman who have served and died for your ability to freely earn so much money!

Point to Note: It is a Wealthy man's duty and indeed responsibility to help others far less fortunate than himself and use his wealth for the bettering of his country.
I served in the Australian Army for 17 years and was discharged due to being busted up and having a very bad back. Now I run my own embroidery business making patches for Patch nuts and Military and I always give a few thousand out of my average 45k per annum every year to Veterans groups that have helped me get to where I am today. Being wealthy does not make you a better person than anyone else, it simply gives you more opportunities to do good in this world.

Angel Squad, Cams Cause and Soldier on are some good Vet groups to look at daddy warbucks.
As a member of a Veterans group I applaud you Sir.

Reactions: lookin4pain
You're essentialy saying "Yeah I shot my pistol over there, but it didn't kill anybody so it shouldn't be a big deal". It's not what it did at the exact moment but what it could do.

I fly up to 200 feet and fly in a circle and you're comparing that to shooting a gun around? that's a little over dramatic i think. I don't think the fact that I lose sight of my drone makes me a dnagerous flyer, just because there's a suggestion that you should keep it in sight.

I could even argue that flying out of sight is safer. I heard lots of people getting attacked cause crazy people think they're spying on them with their drones or whatever. So if somebody sees me flying over a pool, they might want to start trouble and people get hurt or killed. If the drone comes out of nowhere, there is no trouble to start cause I ain't around. So there. Safer.

I guess the biggest issue would be:

Were there fatalities? If so, getting images of someone's loved one laid out would not be good, especially if not covered yet.

Were there injuries? Since you were too far from the accident, you would not have known (and this was a reconnaissance flight to check for delay). Life Flight or other medical helicopter could have been enroute and, depending on the direction they approach from and the type of terrain, you may not hear it in time and could interfere with (which would just give the media a field day against quadcopters) a manned flight.

Now, I didn't see where you said you flew exactly. By this I didn't see if you flew along the side of the road, over the cars, etc.

Not going to pass judgment, not my place. It is your machine and your responsibility. Just bear in mind, each time any of us fly, if something goes wrong, the media is always there to report what they see as irresponsible acts which pisses off the general, uninformed public who then try to get more restrictive regulations passed.

Last edited:
Well, I will restate. The media where I live relishes anything that is detrimental to quadcopters in their news reporting.

It is rare to see a good story about the use of a machine, but the misuse (or perceived misuse by the media) is plentiful. And through their reporting, the masses clamor for more restrictions because they believe their "privacy" is in jeopardy from these devices.

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
Still no sources, just your perception.

Can you give an example of : "the masses clamor for more restrictions".

Where is this information available?

I missed the part about the masses apparently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj