Flew away! Strange circumstances this time

I have one that is very puzzling for you guys. Turned my remote on, bent over and turned p3p on and turned around to walk away and it came to life, shot up and away as fast as it could and would not respond to the remote. I frantically tried to open and get the app connected while trying to get it to respond to the controls but the app also would not connect. Very quickly it was gone out of sight. Since the app would not connect it did not create any logs at all. This thing was only maybe 2 weeks old with just a few flights on it. Bought it along with the 2 year square trade warranty from BH photo. Gotta get in touch with DJI and square trade today and see if either of them can offer a solution. I have my doubts about dji since there are no logs and I dont think square trade will cover it if I cant retrieve it to send it to them? Everybody cross your fingers for me.

If DJI wont do anything I will be DJI's worst nightmare.

Wow There are old pilots and Bold pilots, but there are no old Bold pilots. Flew mine indoors the first time. Then outside. Pretty cool toy- but it does tend to crash. Trimmed my rose bush the last time but broke no blades. Not the same when I landed hard, flipped over and tried to trim the BBQ. I think that the "send home" button is not good when one has lots of trees in the area.

I also dipped it in the swimming pool by accident. I did not rotate it to make a GPS connection before flying. The gimbal then started rotating like crazy, crashed in to the rose bush and I shut it down. Left it for several hours in the hot dry Nevada air and it is now back to normal.

Wow There are old pilots and Bold pilots, but there are no old Bold pilots. Flew mine indoors the first time. Then outside. Pretty cool toy- but it does tend to crash. Trimmed my rose bush the last time but broke no blades. Not the same when I landed hard, flipped over and tried to trim the BBQ. I think that the "send home" button is not good when one has lots of trees in the area.

I also dipped it in the swimming pool by accident. I did not rotate it to make a GPS connection before flying. The gimbal then started rotating like crazy, crashed in to the rose bush and I shut it down. Left it for several hours in the hot dry Nevada air and it is now back to normal.
OK-- Richard-- you are a PE which I assume stands for Professional Engineer-- if that is true, then the first thing you have to be doing is Reading the Manual-- :D:D:D-- not trimming the rose bushes, and cleaning the BBQ and seeing if the "toy" can swim-- LOL-- you don't want to be a statistic before you ever get started. You probably should also hang around the forum awhile and learn about all the tweaks and pitfalls of flying this 4K camera-- or maybe go by one of the cheapo learning quads to begin with. Welcome to the forum! :):)

OK-- Richard-- you are a PE which I assume stands for Professional Engineer-- if that is true, then the first thing you have to be doing is Reading the Manual-- :D:D:D-- not trimming the rose bushes, and cleaning the BBQ and seeing if the "toy" can swim-- LOL-- you don't want to be a statistic before you ever get started. You probably should also hang around the forum awhile and learn about all the tweaks and pitfalls of flying this 4K camera-- or maybe go by one of the cheapo learning quads to begin with. Welcome to the forum! :):)

Bob,
Yes Engineer. Mining Engineer. We fix things with dynamite and hammers. I have taken the time to watch a bunch of videos. Plan to take it to the wide open spaces to get more practice. It is kind of like running a mucking machine or shovel. Part instinct part understanding. I know why they come with 2 sets of blades. It came with no manual. Just a small bit of literature in a "quick start manual".
Pretty cool toy but hard to see the control panel in strong sunlight which we always have in Nevada.

I am hoping to use it to track a small open pit surface mine

Bob,
Yes Engineer. Mining Engineer. We fix things with dynamite and hammers. I have taken the time to watch a bunch of videos. Plan to take it to the wide open spaces to get more practice. It is kind of like running a mucking machine or shovel. Part instinct part understanding. I know why they come with 2 sets of blades. It came with no manual. Just a small bit of literature in a "quick start manual".
Pretty cool toy but hard to see the control panel in strong sunlight which we always have in Nevada.

I am hoping to use it to track a small open pit surface mine
dynamite and hammers--- I like that! Absorb all the info you can and fly with checklists until you become thoroughly familiar with the setups and adjustments. Sun is an issue-- if I have to stand in the sun-- I have a device hood and also a black photograpers head drape to shut out all the unwanted light. If you are close to the vehicle, get in, turn the ac on any fly-- you can see the display very well and it keeps the tablet cool. I can get- 2500 to 3000 feet sitting in my vehicle with clear LOS. Fly it gently and you wont get in trouble. Cheers:)

SquareTrade received it today. Shouldnt take them long to realize it would be costly to repair it and just order me a new one instead. Farmer ran over the arm when harvesting his beans and seen it laying there. Called me and I meet up with him the next day and gave him $100. Squaretrade paid for the shipping to them and they got it today. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have a new one on the way. Mine had a ton of damage.

SquareTrade received it today. Shouldnt take them long to realize it would be costly to repair it and just order me a new one instead. Farmer ran over the arm when harvesting his beans and seen it laying there. Called me and I meet up with him the next day and gave him $100. Squaretrade paid for the shipping to them and they got it today. Hopefully in the next week or so I will have a new one on the way. Mine had a ton of damage.
How far did it make it?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.