Flashing red light ???

Try a different USB port on your computer. With the Phantom on and you plug and unplug the USB cable, you should hear a beep that acknowledges the connection. The green and blue lights in the software should indicate a connection.

If you are connected, do you see the little warning triangle in the lower right of the Assistant software? Click on it, does a dialog box show up explaining the warning?

mb_guy said:
Hard to tell from screenshot, but is the blue light flashing (bottom left corner of screen) Have the drivers loaded properly and is computer actually connected to the naza.

Yes the blue light is flashing in the bottem left corner of the screen.
The drivers have loaded properly as the program has been working previously. (Device manager showing connections ok)
The computer is connected via usb cable to the aircraft.

Buk said:
Try a different USB port on your computer. With the Phantom on and you plug and unplug the USB cable, you should hear a beep that acknowledges the connection. The green and blue lights in the software should indicate a connection.

I hear the beep when I plug and unplug the USB cable.
The green light is on with the blue light flashing in the Assitant software.

This is what you should see.

Attachments

• DSCN1200.JPG
    DSCN1200.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 380
Buk said:
If you are connected, do you see the little warning triangle in the lower right of the Assistant software? Click on it, does a dialog box show up explaining the warning?

Here is the screenshot for the Assistant software.
There is a CFG-ERR warning...
"Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

I have done the manual calibration of the transmitter with no affect.
What is "power cycle" on the transmitter?

Attachments

• CFG-ERR.jpg
    CFG-ERR.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 351
John186 said:
Buk said:

Here is the screenshot for the Assistant software.
There is a CFG-ERR warning...
"Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

I have done the manual calibration of the transmitter with no affect.
What is "power cycle" on the transmitter?
Off and ON

That is odd- You have a Naza v1 and [I think] a single antenna Rx in a v1.1.1

Not sure if this Rx had the led. Press the little black button for a couple of secs- see if you can get a rebind

discv said:

Not sure if this Rx had the led. Press the little black button for a couple of secs- see if you can get a rebind

I held the button down for a few seconds to bind the transmitter but nothing happened.

John186 said:
discv said:

I held the button down for a few seconds to bind the transmitter but nothing happened.

Has it got an LED? http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... d_Receiver

Edit- It has an led- or should have. Even if your Tx [and your computer] was off-you should have an led when the craft is powered.

Check the servo cable going to x2

Another thing bugging me about the OP problem.
What is causing all the sliders to go to far right?

Here' mine with NO usb connection-

Attachments

• Naza S-shot.jpg
    Naza S-shot.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 284
That's a 1.2, not a 1.1.1, so the receiver type should be set at PPM.

Did you recently upgrade the firmware? If so, did you apply the default Phantom parameters file in the Assistant software aftwards?

discv said:
John186 said:
discv said:

Has it got an LED? http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... d_Receiver

Edit- It has an led- or should have. Even if your Tx [and your computer] was off-you should have an led when the craft is powered.

Check the servo cable going to x2

Yes it does have a LED on the receiver module but does not light at all. The cabling looks all connected.

discv said:
Another thing bugging me about the OP problem.
What is causing all the sliders to go to far right?

Here' mine with NO usb connection-

Not sure why all the sliders are all in the right position, but moving the control sticks has no movement on the sliders.
Before connecting the craft up, they are all central as in your photo.

OI Photography said:

Did you recently upgrade the firmware? If so, did you apply the default Phantom parameters file in the Assistant software aftwards?

I haven't upgraded the firmware. This is a new hobby for me and didn't want to mess things up. But the assistant software has been working previously.

John186 said:
OI Photography said:

I haven't upgraded the firmware. This is a new hobby for me and didn't want to mess things up. But the assistant software has been working previously.

Understood, and from the rest of the discussion it does sound like something is wrong with your receiver. $15 to replace if necessary (though that may not be needed just yet), just make sure you get the one for a P1.2 and not a 1.1.1 if you do replace it.

It would be interesting to unplug the Naza to X2 cable- to see if the sliders centre.

If they do I reckon this would confirm a faulty Rx. 1/ LED not working 2/ Sending a false signal.

On the other hand, if the sliders do not centre [or at least move from that locked up position] where else but the Naza can the false signal be coming?

I can see no good reason why a dual antenna [v1.1.1] Rx could not be fitted- and D bus selected.

discv said:
It would be interesting to unplug the Naza to X2 cable- to see if the sliders centre.

If they do I reckon this would confirm a faulty Rx. 1/ LED not working 2/ Sending a false signal.

On the other hand, if the sliders do not centre [or at least move from that locked up position] where else but the Naza can the false signal be coming?

I can see no good reason why a dual antenna [v1.1.1] Rx could not be fitted- and D bus selected.

Which is the "X2 cable"? (Sorry I'm quite new to this) :oops:

It's the cable you can see in your receiver photo that goes to the Naza X2 port. Either pull it out of X2 or separate it at the receiver.
Then power up the craft and plug it into USB. I want to see if the sliders have moved when the Rx is not present.

Obviously you will not be able to give Tx input.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers