Flaky Wifi

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The bird I'm flying lately works wel except the wifi is sometimes very hard to connect to.
Sometimes it is easy and other times it's just not there.
Today it took me 20 mins of shutting down and starting again to find the wifi but then it was fine for 4 flights.
What should I be looking for under the hood to fix this up?

I would start with the device being used to connect to the quad. What the quad is streaming to.

The phone seems to be fine - no problems picking up loads of other wifi but the Phantom wifi seems to have an intermittent problem. My last Phantom was rock solid - always locked on pretty quickly.

Meta4 said:
The phone seems to be fine - no problems picking up loads of other wifi but the Phantom wifi seems to have an intermittent problem. My last Phantom was rock solid - always locked on pretty quickly.

2 tips about issue:

1) If you fly near other WiFi networks known by your phone it will try to connect automatically to them. try far from there.
2) If any people near your phantom, they can connect to to your phantom WiFi first than you (No Video in you device)
3) Are you startin in correct order? TX, WiFi Extender and then Phantom. Wehn 2 green lights in extender, go to phone settings and connect to Phantom WiFi

Yes .. no issues with other wifi nearby.
It's just that half the time the phone tells me that the Phantom is out of range although it is 1 foot away and has been tirned on for 5 minutes.
I've been flying for a year and switch things on in the correct order.
There is an intermittent issue with the wifi and as I haven't had to work on the wifi before I was hoping someone that had could give me a few pointers as to what to look at or what might be the cause.

put your device in airplane mode, forget all networks, turn on wifi only, connect to bird.

OK, open the shell and verify tight connection WiFi wires and modules as well as Camera Wires.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4