Fixing video skipping or stutter

Reaction score
I always have video stuttering when I record at 60fps. I visited my son in California and did some filming out there. Discovered I had somehow put it back to 60fps. I was depressed to think all the video I took that morning at the beach will not play now. I put the chip into my son"s new Mac and they played perfectly! Later when I got home and put the chip into my 5 yr old Mac, same stutter. So the stutter or skipping is not Pilot app or your phone or Tab, it's the system you are playing it back on. BTW, when I put that stuttering video on Youtube, it played perfectly.

Mine has been so bad lately I'm thinking of returning the P3 (among other reasons). I can hardly fly it FPV style because it freezes or only half the screen is updating. The worst setting appears to be 1080p 30fps. The videos come out fine once I download them off the microSD but I cant tell what I'm filming while its recording, only after.

Mine has been so bad lately I'm thinking of returning the P3 (among other reasons). I can hardly fly it FPV style because it freezes or only half the screen is updating. The worst setting appears to be 1080p 30fps. The videos come out fine once I download them off the microSD but I cant tell what I'm filming while its recording, only after.
What is your phone or Tab?

I discovered the exact same thing Hovtech. What I found that resolves the issue is simply convert the video to 30fps. Once I did that it played smoothly. My Mac mini was the only thing capable of playing the video smoothly from the phantom micro sd card.

Did u reduced the data stream for vid link in the pilot app?

A couple things. The issue with the stuttering video while flying and it happening on the tablet can be one of two things or both. Heat build up on the tablet. I have an iPad Air and an iPad Mini 3 and they both have issues with the heat. It causes them to stutter when they get too hot.

On you computer, try downloading the files to your hard drive versus trying to play them from the card directly. The files are quite large and usually run better from the hard drive.

Also when playing back on YouTube it will look ok, because they run a compression on it and makes it better for streaming. I have a MacBook Air Mid 2012 edition with 2 GHz Intel Core i7 and 8GB RAM. I get good performance while editing, the video isn't perfectly clear until I render for sharing online or create a file. I use Final Cut Pro X to edit the files.

The tablets stuttering can be either the heat or the horsepower in the device. That's why they recommend the latest versions of the tablets and phones. They have the faster processors to handle the streaming video. They just get hot quick. Someone recommended using an ice pack wrapped in a washcloth and rubberbanded to the tablet to help keep it cool.

According to my own experience, playing 4K video is not as easy as we image. Playing those super smooth and high definition videos is a Herculean task and can transform into an agony when you a lack a super computer. A better option is to convert or downscale your original 4K video before playing or editing it. A video converter app I'm using in Brorsoft's Video Converter for Mac.
Happy I got HD as I can see my 5 year old Mac would not have handled 4k.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl