Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

Rumor??

Not a rumor.

I see mention of some fixes to compass calibration and declination in controller firmware 3.06. I also see android app 1.0.52 adds a compass calibration feature.

I'm physically out for a while post a medical procedure, so hoping someone shares their results after these updates.

Really hope this straightens things out (pun intended)!

Thanks.

Byroman said:
I see mention of some fixes to compass calibration and declination in controller firmware 3.06. I also see android app 1.0.52 adds a compass calibration feature.

I'm physically out for a while post a medical procedure, so hoping someone shares their results after these updates.

Really hope this straightens things out (pun intended)!

Thanks.

I flew 3.06 this afternoon and it does straighten things out. See my report in the other (probably non vision) fixing the compass problem thread.
The new app compass calibration feature appears to be just a how to tutorial that will walk you though it if you want. I tried it while "in the field" and there didn't appear to be any interaction with the Phantom - it didn't initiate it and it didn't seem to report status as I did it. Just a tutorial.

Fantastic! Thank you so much, John.
Cant wait to try this out myself. That first 5 min. of J-hooks and random wandering is slightly annoying.

Appreciate the update!!!!

Byron.

The app compass calibration feature worked on my vision.It seems to replace the need to toggle s2.Swiping the screen between rotates of the craft (H & V) asks you the state of the Crafts LED's as per the manual.You have to make a decision as to a correct calibration or not. There is no signal feedback to the app to ascertain a correct or failed calibration .

madeinengland said:
The app compass calibration feature worked on my vision.It seems to replace the need to toggle s2.Swiping the screen between rotates of the craft (H & V) asks you the state of the Crafts LED's as per the manual.You have to make a decision as to a correct calibration or not. There is no signal feedback to the app to ascertain a correct or failed calibration .

madeinengland, I am glad you caught it and I stand corrected. I ran a test and yes the compass cal can be started from the app, which I think will be handy. Your description is accurate. Thanks

I am experiencing this issue flying a Phantom 2 Vision + around Whangarei Heads (Northern New Zealand).

Several tests of 3.06 this weekend and my Vision is flying nice and straight now. So glad this patch finally arrived!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20