[FIXED] New Phantom 2 "GPS missing" but only connected to PC

Reaction score
So I have this brand new Phantom 2 straight out of the box. It has never flown. It was a replacement for a Phantom that supposed has electrical issues. Regardless, it's brand new.

So I connect it to the computer, it came with 3.0 installed and upgraded to 3.04. I get a COMPASS-ERR about abnormal compass data. I change to Naza-M mode and make some adjustments (Failsafe switch, calibration of the sticks, etc.) but I notice the Phantom won't go into GPS Atti mode, just regular Atti regardless of what the switch is set to.

I then go to setup IOC and and there's an error at the bottom "GPS needed". Very weird. If I turn on the Phantom not connected to the computer I get the red/green LED's for GPS mode. and yellow for atti mode. I calibrate the compass, everything *seems* ok, until I plug it back into the computer.

When I plug it in, i get the COMPASS-ERR again and the flashing green immediately turn to yellow and it switches to atti mode regardless of what the switch says. I took off the top and reseated the GPS connectors as well as some of the other connectors. The GPS is not cracked. I know the Phantom can see the GPS because there's data listed for Hardware ID and Firmware for the GPS chip (which will show 0.0.0.0 if it's not connected) yet the Phantom assistant says "GPS Missing".

I just put in a call to my dealer (Intelligent UAS) so maybe they'll be able to help but I was just curious if anyone's seen this weird behavior. Again, it's never been flown and is new straight out of the box.

Re: [FIXED] New Phantom 2 "GPS missing" but only connected t

Just a note saying I got this fixed. Apparently the compass value was in the upper 5000's which made it malfunction. I moved the copter further away from the computer and the values returned to normal and I'm able to drop into GPS Atti mode now.

Leaving the thread here for reference possibly in the future if someone needs it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.