Fix it, or fly it?

Reaction score
Greetings, all! Fairly new - about 2 hours flight time so far - and today I found a tree:

I flew it for about ten minutes afterwards and I did not find anything malfunctioning. So I'm wondering: should I try to get it fixed, or just continue to learn flying with the ugliness? I have gathered from a little perusal here that DJI customer service has been frustrating for some.

At the least, you'll need to replace the shell before your next flight.

Reactions: phxbird57
Yeah, time for a new shell. If you're not confident doing it your self, send it to DJI or find a competent repair shop that can do it for you. If you have never worked on one of these and you are not real handy, send it off for repair.
The shock from the crash on the internal components can do strange things to these birds.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
You can buy a new shell here on Amazon or directly from DJI. I haven't found a complete shell replacement tutorial yet. Here's the best video I know of:

Thank you for the replies. Part of the learning I guess. I will probably try to do it myself.

Midway in the shell replacement I've come to removing the motors; here's where I've stopped:

It appears I now need to pull &/or pry the motor off the old shell, but I thought I'd check with y'all before using force. If that's not it what should i do to get the motors off?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik