fix before brothers wedding!!!

I dropped the RC and the silver switch at the top left has broken off and I am unable to use it. Without the switch I am unable to switch it from course lock and would then have to turn the IOC off in order to fly it.
The RC also started beeping after being on for a few minutes I don't know if that means something was knocked loose.
Any suggestions other than sending it in?

I'm going to address your issues by post number in this thread.

1. The controller will beep if left on and unattended. It's so you are alerted to the fact you forgot to turn it off.

2. You've got all week to resolve these issues. We should be able to get you ready for the wedding.

3. To sync a controller to a Phantom, you simply need to push a button.

4. Yep, you can watch the "WiFi", if that's what you're calling live feed. A crappy $30 tablet works for me, up to about 900 feet. I'm in Wyoming and there is literally nothing around for miles, much of the time.

9. I've not heard of folks having trouble with their remote. What remote are you speaking of?
If it's this one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q9BDBSC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) Tallyrver referred you to, you misread something.

12. Link please. I believe you are mistaken about not being able to connect.

Great, Lucky 13. Really? Have you checked to see how close to an airport you may be wanting to fly? Ya got military and civilian to deal with. Do some homework. I do realize you probably are NOT trying for that 2,000 foot high picture, but still, do some homework.

14. Your new "Best Friend". :)

15. I liked that post. You should listen to him/her (I guess a girl could be named Wayne) like I implied in #9.

17 & 18. I'm still up in the air (me sense of humor kicking in now) about that one. Now you're talking about the "Plus" controller. I seem to remember reading something here about that NOT working with the FC40.

19. So, why are we still discussing this. Open the controller, and replace the freaking switch.
o_O

OMG... 20. Hey Heredium, there it is. Problem solved, for the moment.
Hi Steve, how are you today? Believe it or not, I liked your post. You offered up the simple solution in "VERY FEW WORDS", provided the OP can melt metal in a controlled manner.

So, get the switch, solder it in (or have a friend or hobby shop do it for five bucks) and then go out and figure out what you do and don't want to do at your brother's wedding. Sure hope you're sharper than me, because it would take me a month to plan that out.

Honestly, I hope I have helped someone here. :)

Reactions: Tallyrver

1. The controller will beep if left on and unattended. It's so you are alerted to the fact you forgot to turn it off.

2. You've got all week to resolve these issues. We should be able to get you ready for the wedding.

4. Yep, you can watch the "WiFi", if that's what you're calling live feed. A crappy $30 tablet works for me, up to about 900 feet. I'm in Wyoming and there is literally nothing around for miles, much of the time.

9. I've not heard of folks having trouble with their remote. What remote are you speaking of?
If it's this one (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q9BDBSC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) Tallyrver referred you to, you misread something.

Great, Lucky 13. Really? Have you checked to see how close to an airport you may be wanting to fly? Ya got military and civilian to deal with. Do some homework. I do realize you probably are NOT trying for that 2,000 foot high picture, but still, do some homework.

15. I liked that post. You should listen to him/her (I guess a girl could be named Wayne) like I implied in #9.

17 & 18. I'm still up in the air (me sense of humor kicking in now) about that one. Now you're talking about the "Plus" controller. I seem to remember reading something here about that NOT working with the FC40.

19. So, why are we still discussing this. Open the controller, and replace the freaking switch.
o_O

Hi Steve, how are you today? Believe it or not, I liked your post. You offered up the simple solution in "VERY FEW WORDS", provided the OP can melt metal in a controlled manner.

So, get the switch, solder it in (or have a friend or hobby shop do it for five bucks) and then go out and figure out what you do and don't want to do at your brother's wedding. Sure hope you're sharper than me, because it would take me a month to plan that out.

well just "open the controller"

o_O

well I actually don't have all week as i leave for VA beach tomorrow. The repair isn't as simple as "just open it up" for me because I've never soldered before and i don't have use of my fingers due to a spinal cord injury

It doesn't take much more dexterity to solder than to fly the Phantom - can you hold a knife and fork using both hands? If yes, then you can solder. I am not trying to be flippant, but soldering is a lot easier than some think. (Unless you are working with surface-mount devices which are sometimes as small as a pencil point).
In the short term, find a HAM radio operator near you who would be quite happy to assist.
Go to the ARRL search page to find a HAM club near you.

well just "open the controller"

well I actually don't have all week as i leave for VA beach tomorrow. The repair isn't as simple as "just open it up" for me because I've never soldered before and i don't have use of my fingers due to a spinal cord injury
What day is the wedding?

Let me know and we can meet up before that to make sure everything works.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I'm on the edge of my seat... Did it fly, are there pics, are there videos? :)

everything was nuts the day of the wedding....
ok, fine, we were drunk early
but I did take some video the day before behind our beach house.
and btw, the wires weren't soldered together, they h had liquid electrical tape on them

What day is the wedding?

Let me know and we can meet up before that to make sure everything works.
thanks anyway. I really appreciate it. I just flew out with the IOC on. Dumb, I know but tell me you could resist filming in a place like this(((in the video)

Good times, maybe not perfect, but what the heck!

Ya got it on video from the sky. Cool enough.

Thanks for sharing. :D

and btw, the wires weren't soldered together, they h had liquid electrical tape on them
That's going to fail. find someone who can solder it for you properly.

but thats what every stock controller has
There is no such thing as "liquid electrical tape". You may be seeing the dabs of silicone on the wires and connections to waterproof and secure them. But if the wires are not soldered to the switch terminals, simply glued in place with a dab of silicone, IT WILL FAIL!

There is no such thing as "liquid electrical tape". You may be seeing the dabs of silicone on the wires and connections to waterproof and secure them. But if the wires are not soldered to the switch terminals, simply glued in place with a dab of silicone, IT WILL FAIL!

Attachments

• IMAG00574.jpg
    IMAG00574.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 300

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31