Five Reasons the Phantom 3 Pro' Beats the Inspire 1

Good points on the Inspire rods and lack of 2nd camera for proper 2 person operation. Personally, I've never seen the need for 2 operator use. I can do a better job by myself using CL if I need a 360 wrap around even while chasing a moving target.

Inspire 2 with the Black Magic camera will be the one to get. Or do away with the complicated Inspire arms all together and use a Matrice for lots of lifting power and long flight times.

Apart from the size and bulk in transport 'problem' I wouldn't like all the extra steps like fitting camera and taking off caps over connectors.
It's all very well doing that on a table in front of the camera, but in a windy field with mud and/or long grass even the P3 procedure of fit props/remove gimbal clamp is enough.

My $0.02: I like the portability and quick setup of my P3A; it's my go to quad for practicing/traveling/hiking. All other video work is done on the Inspire 1 as it's much more responsive/stable in flight. Also, I've noticed that since purchasing the Inspire 1...I'm taken a lot more seriously as an aerial photographer. It seems to make a better impression on potential clients...some of which viewed the Phantom as a toy.

Reactions: Ferdi
Panning is a non issue on the P3 if your good enough and if anyone says their P3 is unstable in the wind they are lying.

Well then I'm a liar. Flew yesterday in relatively strong wind and my P3 was bobbing and weaving like crazy, gaining and losing altitude between 50cm and 1m. Granted, I was flying in much stronger wind than I'd usually fly. Have flown the Inspire1 in similar conditions and it is rock solid.

Also, there's no way you can pan as smoothly with a Phantom as with a dual operated Inspire1.

I love the Phantom, but it's no match for the Inspire1 when it comes to professional filming. Both cameras suck, but the Inspire is sure to get an upgrade.

Just my two cents and experience flying both platforms...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl