Fitting tilt lever to phantom 1

Reaction score
Hi all.
Got an eBay simensays tilt lever to fit to the back of my fc40 transmitter. Its a small bit of carbon fibre rather than the sort with a backplate.
I understand the theory but am struggling with the install.
It came with a spring that fits around the metal rod that connects the potentiometer with the lever.
How do I install this?
If the spring goes on the outside of the transmitter between the plastic shell and the body of the lever it doesn't seem to push the rod onto the pot.
In sure I'm missing something obvious...

I had one of them types that came free with a gimbal I got. I had a heck of a time getting it to work at all no matter how many different ways I tried it. Then i went on line and see a bunch of different opinions on how it might install that were all the same as all the ways I already tried a few times. Then I found the most useful set of instructions for installing that style lever.

Step 1 which was the most useful said walk to garbage can.
step 2 open lid of garbage can
step 3 throw it in garbage can.
step 4 get either one of the plastic real DJI ones or get a trim pot and solder in a pitch control knob.

lol it was the best advise I found. and saved me a lot of wasted time.
tho I didnt throw mine away and just tossed in my parts container.

Thank you sir. Point taken. Got access to a 3d printer next week so might try some of the thingiverse options

The basic idea is that the cross-headed shaft head should engage with the potentiometer on the board, and that it will be sandwiched there by the case back. If that doesn't work, then all the rest doesn't really matter. Make sure that the pot's legs aren't squished down, and that the cross aligns with the shaft head, etc. Some folks have closed the gap between the pot and the case back by lifting the circuit board, and this is done by loosening the circuit board screws, inserting a folded card or other non-conductive material under it, then making its screws firm again.

Most of the diagrams I've seen have the spring on the outside of the case, held between the case back and the lever. I'm not really sure what purpose it serves like that, except perhaps to help keep the lever from being too wobbly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj