Fitting the Flytrex Live 3g

Reaction score
I am picking up my P3P tomorrow....

It seems sensible to fit the Flytex gizmo to locate it in the event of "an incident".
There are no images of it fitted to a P3P on their website - indeed their pictures shows it fitted to a DJI without any camera fitted - and taking the size... it looks a bit large to fit behind the gimble of a P3 Pro.

Hoping P3P users can advise also if I need to buy the mount and a cable.... seems odd that if needed they don't make up the full kit as a package.

Is there an alternative - better - tracker/locator available?

It seems sensible to fit the Flytex gizmo to locate it in the event of "an incident".
There are no images of it fitted to a P3P on their website - indeed their pictures shows it fitted to a DJI without any camera fitted - and taking the size... it looks a bit large to fit behind the gimble of a P3 Pro.

Hoping P3P users can advise also if I need to buy the mount and a cable.... seems odd that if needed they don't make up the full kit as a package.

you might want to look at Trackimo.. mine is mounted on the camera guard on the right side of the craft.

Sounds like you're referring to the L3G for the pre-P3 line, which won't work with the P3 . The one designed for the P3 has a mount that fits on the legs. You wouldn't want to mount anything behind the gimbal anyway since thats where the VPS is. Anyway, http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/dji-phantom-3-installation/

Thanks for the info....will check it out. did contact their support and asked for info....no reply yet....but found a stockist south of Sydney while searching online....so will be contacting them also.
I don't believe Flytrex has started shipping the P3 version yet. Their communication is pretty abysmal, as is their shipping speed, but the device is amazing once you get it installed and activated. I do not recommend ordering directly from them. Best bet is to wait for a local dealer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj