Fitting Polarising filter & removing camera glass

Reaction score
Polarising filter arrived today so tried to remove the cover from the camera to replace with the filter. Wow is that thing on tight. I take it the camera cover glass screws off if so is it anti-colckwise to loosen? Should I need much force to shift it?

Yes, turn it counter-clockwise. The trick is use as little force/pressure as possible. If you're having trouble gripping it, wrap something made of rubber around it.

Thanks I had seen others had issues and the guidance was little pressure as possible as it distorts the ring adding grip to the threads. Direction was the main thing I wanted to check.

Right -- the filter is very fragile. If you man handle it and/or use tools to remove it, you'll probably bend it.

Yes, turn it counter-clockwise. The trick is use as little force/pressure as possible. If you're having trouble gripping it, wrap something made of rubber around it.

Yeah slip a dry condom over it and twist to the Left.

... so tried to remove the cover from the camera to replace with the filter. Wow is that thing on tight.

Same happened to me as well, where I used a micro-fiber towel (normally use it to clean my Canon lenses and my specs too).
It took me about ten minutes and some swearword till I realized the gentle handling works well :)
Do not use any pressure on the ring, just turn gently to the left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4