Fitting a Taranis Radio

Reaction score
I have brought a Taranis radio and going to fit it into my F/W 550, at the moment it has a JR DSX9. the reason for change is mostly down to ease of use, with having 4 rotary control's I saw this easy to operate the gimbal from the front of the Radio, the control's on the side of the JR are a bit to stiff on their ratchet's. Now what I want to know how easy is it to fit, do I set it the same as the JR or set up like a Futaba?, I know I can set to S Bus, the only worry I have is the use of X1,X2,X3,they look different than with the JR. If anyone can supply a lay out I will be grateful for any help and any pit fall's to miss, later I will want to put the radio into my Phantom 1,a lot of the forum info so far has been towards the P2. Thanks for any and all info that can be given, I know that there is a lot of help on this site. THANKS.

I'll try and put my config up tomorrow for download.
It's fairly obvious how to set X1 X2 and X3 up once you have it all connected.

Use S-Bus if possible because you don't need to mess with extra cables. I have mine set to do channels 1 - 8 via S-Bus and 9 - 16 via PWM giving me 16 useable channels. I do it this way so I can control other devices at the same time as benefiting from the use of S-Bus.

I'm using the X8R receiver with the Taranis on all 3 of my craft.

It will be this evening once I'm home from work. I didn't have time to put it up this morning.

Yeah, all the custom switches are set up ready for you. Just need to replace the voices.

chopperflyer said:
rilot said:
Here you go: http://snk.to/f-ctmagjic

You may find some of the voice warnings don't work for you as I'm using some custom voices.
I have tried unzipping this file and I get it as an EEEPE file and can not open it, what am I doing wrong? I am using Windows 8 or 8.1 any help please.

Install EEPE which is an EPROM editor and you should be good. This link should work.

https://code.google.com/p/eepe/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31