Fitted & Tested - couple of pointers

Reaction score
Had mine delivered a couple of days ago from Heliguy.com in the UK. They were pretty smart and suggested people who pre-ordered get the PMUV2 in advance so that people would not be disappointed.

I fitted it last night with the help of a friend with decent soldering skills, it was nothing tricky but I wanted a great job on something that flies.

As soon as it was put back together and powered up the gimbal oriented the gropro down so I had to tweak the extra channel on the back of the stock controller to point it straight ahead.

I also thought it was a shame DJI did not include a USB extension cable to the zenmuse controller as it appears that you will need to open the phantom back up to update the firmware. If I had thought of it I would have purchased a small cable and left it tucked in the battery compartment along with the other one.

I also updated the firmware on the naza controller as DJI released a new one yesterday, it mentions a gimbal orientation calibration or control but could not find the settings in the software apart from the usual Gimbal control tab.

It was a windy evening so only ran a low level test flight but it looks promising so far.

If by calibration you are referring to the adjustment of the pitch you can do that via the channel at the back of the controller with a philips screwdriver.

You do not need to access the components in the Phantom or controller.

But of course it is sensible to test everything powers up properly before reassembling but make sure the controller is on and throttles down and the blades are off ;-)

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic