Fitted Flytrex Core2 now NO GPS

Reaction score
Looking for some assistance please. Received my Flytrex Core 2 this morning so fitted using the supplied DJI Y cable. All checked, connections OK. Put her back together then took a trip to check out a maiden Flytrex mission.

Powered everything up but 2 problems.

1. No GPS lock at all. Single green plus 3 x red flashes. Left her for 10 minutes. Nothing. Nada.
2. My Android tablet was unable to connect to the camera despite being connected to the Phantom wifi.

Not had anything like this before and stumped why the simple install of a Flytrex unit should cause this. Just brought her home, opened her up again and checked all the connections. All spot on. Still zero GPS lock. Strange thing is the rear lights flash green 10 times indicating home lock but unable to get any satellite lock. Stumped how she can indicate home lock if she is unable to lock on to a single satellite.

Stumped. Any advice?

PS I am now just opening her up again to remove the Flytrex and check with normal GPS received connection. Damned annoying. Wondering if maybe the supplied cable is faulty.

Hmm. Just removed the Flytrex and she got full satellite lock. Guessing the supplied Flytrex cable must be duff. Bugger.

Tested the cable with a meter and all OK. Refitted everything just like first time and tested outside before refitting top shell. All good this time. Very strange indeed. I will have to check for good satellite lock next few flights just to be sure.

I'd say you were sent the wrong cable. Could be the cable for 1st flytrex and not the 2nd? You check part numbers yet?

wattsn said:
Packet header shows 'Flytrex Core 2 Cable for DJI'

Maybe a tab in one of the plugs bent on install?

I had bought the same parts around 5 weeks ago and all worked well until starting the last week the graphs began looking really messed up, and before you know I lost my 2nd quad to another fly away. Not blaming flytrex. Just saying I was just getting ready to go over things with flytrex support after starting email contact with them. But I never made it to that point. I ordered the new flytrex live yesterday.

I'll see how she performs this week. I'm taking her to Spain on Wednesday so hope she doesn't play up.

I also ordered the Flytrex Live this week but also thought for £40 I'll stick a Core2 on for now. Looking forward to uploading and viewing first mission stats and then playing about with Dashware.

Bad luck on the second loss. Hope you don't get any more.

The dashware is nice, and a little hard to use at 1st unless you watch this a few times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U

It will help a lot with getting you started. At some point you may want to dig up the info on how to tweak the file settings where you can add an remove bits of the Guages. Like maybe there is a guage you like, but you prefer only a few parts in it that you want to remove. Or change the Font size, color, ect. Btw, you'll notice some of the guages you see in video are not in the download. I never took the time to look around for anymore yet myself. I also had not figured out how to delete the files on the card either.

I'm thinking you may have plugged into the wrong plug on the board. I remember pulling my stock plug, and forgetting which one it was when I went to plug the harness into it.

Thanks. I'll check out that video.
Definitely right plug. I've removed and refitted the GPS connector many times :)

Thanks. I'll check out that video.
Definitely right plug. I've removed and refitted the GPS connector many times :)
Looking for some assistance please. Received my Flytrex Core 2 this morning so fitted using the supplied DJI Y cable. All checked, connections OK. Put her back together then took a trip to check out a maiden Flytrex mission.

Powered everything up but 2 problems.

1. No GPS lock at all. Single green plus 3 x red flashes. Left her for 10 minutes. Nothing. Nada.
2. My Android tablet was unable to connect to the camera despite being connected to the Phantom wifi.

Not had anything like this before and stumped why the simple install of a Flytrex unit should cause this. Just brought her home, opened her up again and checked all the connections. All spot on. Still zero GPS lock. Strange thing is the rear lights flash green 10 times indicating home lock but unable to get any satellite lock. Stumped how she can indicate home lock if she is unable to lock on to a single satellite.

Stumped. Any advice?

PS I am now just opening her up again to remove the Flytrex and check with normal GPS received connection. Damned annoying. Wondering if maybe the supplied cable is faulty.

Hi, I've currently got the same problem. Can get A GPS home lock but then just gives me single green plus 3 x red flashes. Did you manage to sort it?

Wow. I was Juuuuuust about to buy FlyTrex Core 2 when all these reports of flyaways and erratic behavior after installing ...not so sure now.

Update:
Installed Flytrex Core 2 anyway.....no issues so far. Works great.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1