fisheye or no fisheye? :)

Reaction score
I seam to notice phantom flyers have love/hate relations with the fisheye effects on our cameras.
I myself am divided, love it for some scenes, and not so much for others.
But it is easily removed with a plugin in FCPX (other video editors do have them too).
Here is my latest video for a client. In the same video I use clips with the fisheye as stock, and some with the fisheye removed.
Tell me your thoughts about what you think about the fisheye personally,
and if you can, some thoughts about the movie too.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/sailboat-video-for-a-client.40547/

Well done, thanks for sharing.

The effect with and without fish-eye has a place throughout your video. You wove it in well to establish the perspective for the given subject. I guess that's the advantage for having the fish-eye type camera, based on the subject it could be removed for effect.

Further I found the quality of video was good, from YT. At what resolution was your upload?

I find the yaw/panning type shots to be the greatest challenges, but if done right they are most rewarding. Getting the really complex shots is almost impossible. My new bird should improve those opportunities.

I uploaded it at 1080p.
True, the yaw/panning are the most challenging, especially with moving objects like boats. if you try to orbit around them, you have to correct seamlessly thru out the shot, I've been trainnig this type of shots every time I fly.
The impossible shots to blend seamlessly are the camera tilt ones.. I'll have to add a stick to the tilt wheel to get more precision.

I'm glad you liked it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj