Fisheye image

Reaction score
is there a way to correct fisheye effect when camera on quad is pointing down while actually filming and flying, it disappears as you raise camera to level.

Lens correction is available specifically for both GoPro and the DJI camera in both Photoshop and Lightroom.

I have Photoshop Elements 10 and it does not have lens correction, bummer do not want to spring for CS version

Hay guys,
You should also check out Prodrenalin video-editing sw on ProDad.com. Includes fisheye correction specifically for the phantom. It's cheap and works well.

isle said:
is there a way to correct fisheye effect when camera on quad is pointing down while actually filming and flying, it disappears as you raise camera to level.
The fisheye distortion is there all the time and never disappears.
Any straight line that does not pass through the centre of the image is bent outwards by the lens.
If your horizon or any vertical line passes through the centre, it appears straight but other lines are warped.

Try switching to narrow.

aartsf said:
Bïlly said:
A sw fix with the ProDrenaline video-editing sw ( to be find on prodad.com) is much cheaper, does not add weight to you bird and gives no inbalance of the camera-gimbal.
The 5.4mm lens weight is negligible, although filters would add weight.

I know it's expensive! I personally think you'd be mad to spend that on a fix but it's still a legitimate and probably the best fix so it deserves a mention.

dirkclod said:
I believe he means in App settings....it has narrow-medium-wide .
Tis what I use and it helps .

Where is exactly is that in camera app

In camera app click the cog in the right bottom corner then a slide out comes out on left side and where it shows 1080 tap that and you will see this and set the right roller to where mine is and hit the check mark and you have it set to narrow ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2939.PNG
    IMG_2939.PNG
    459.5 KB · Views: 424
Happyflyer said:
Try switching to narrow.
Be aware that switching to narrow only trims the edges of the image and reduces your resolution.
It does not remove fisheye distortion or change the focal length of the lens.

And for the OP, you can find the answers to many questions in the manual.
It's full of useful information about the Phantom.
i-fjKXcWR-L.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20