Fisheye effect during tilt - can it be reduced?

Reaction score
Hi guys

I´ve just bought a second hand P2V+ and this is my first DJI drone. Took it out for a spin for the first time today and so far I really feel it was a real upgrade from my Bebop and other drones :)

Just have one question: When flying on a straight path I had the gimbal tilted all the way down and wanted to make a reveal shot tilting the camera slowly up and towards the front/horizon. This shot became useless because the fisheye effect was reaaaaally bad on the way up.

Is it really that bad? For me that means that you can´t use it for anything else than adjusting the angle BETWEEN shots, not able to use it for effects WHILE recording if you know what I mean.

Also, whats the best settings to reduce rolling shutter?

Edit: uploaded the clip:

Last edited:
The wide FOV is the culprit, unfortunately there's nothing you can do but try to correct it in post.

Any tips for automated software that would fix this for me? I tried Prodreanlin but the emulated Mac version kind of sucks.

I don't think you need to adjust your rolling shutter. But if you need to, then you may need to invest in Neutral Density filters.
But I think the issue you have is your ISO is on auto. Lock your ISO to 100 and try again.

Would setting video to narrow fov not alleviate the fisheye problem?
I use prodrenaline on an i5 pc & find the preset for gopro 3 (narrow) does a good job of stretching out the odd clip that needs attention: Most are fine as is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4