Fish eye distortion. Best camera settings.

Reaction score
HI All
Now that I have got my P2V+ flying as it should, and starting to look at the video, I notice that there is some fish eye distortion creeping in. Not from all angles but it is there.
I would like to find out from people who are using the P2V+ camera as to what settings they use in the app camera settings . I suppose it can all be disposed of in the post editing suite, but I would like to have the best RAW video that needs little if any modification for that reason.

So, any info would be more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

POTO

The distortion is effectively unavoidable in a very wide lens and is to be expected and for the most part 'acceptable' just as it is in gopro helmet cam footage for example.

If you use 1080p narrow it is much reduced, but you also have a much narrower field of view which might not always be desirable.
In a wide landscape you might notice that keeping the horizon near the middle of frame makes it far less obvious,
More sophisticated video software can also distort it the other way on the computer, but you do lose quite a bit round the edges.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20