Fish eye correction

Reaction score
Hi all

What is the best and best value software for correcting lens distortion in video clips
From my phantom vision plus
I have photoshop cs5.1 and Lightroom 5 but there does not seem to be
An option (or I can't find it ) for video only single images

Any info appreciated

For Photos - in PS - I have CS6

goto to FILTER
then select -> adaptive wide angle ...

On the right hand side in the correction drop down box select Fisheye and hit enter.

You can repeat the process again if you like.

Alternatively - you can simply left click and then click again to make a straight line across the picture and then his enter and also repeat that process.

Google and or Youtube Photoshop Cs5 Fishey lens correction or similar.

Cool I have that software too -

Any chance you could please direct me to that setting. Admittedly I do use primarily AAE and lack knowledge of Premier ... sounds like a good time to start learning.

In Premiere Pro CC:
  • Click on the Effects tab of the project panel
  • Open up the Presets header
  • Open up the Lens Distortion Removal header
  • Open up the DJI header
  • Open up the Phantom 2 Vision header
  • Drag the appropriate resolution (almost certainly 1080) onto the P2V+ video clip in the timeline
This effect will almost certainly bring playback to a crawl on your system. When I use this effect, I disable it for normal editing and playback, then enable it for export.

Re: Fish eye correction
Post by InterMurph » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am

In Premiere Pro CC:
Click on the Effects tab of the project panel
Open up the Presets header
Open up the Lens Distortion Removal header
Open up the DJI header
Open up the Phantom 2 Vision header
Drag the appropriate resolution (almost certainly 1080) onto the P2V+ video clip in the timeline
This effect will almost certainly bring playback to a crawl on your system. When I use this effect, I disable it for normal editing and playback, then enable it for export.

Awesome, I had no idea it was built into Premiere, I was using the GoPro software, you just saved me one step in editing!!! Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie