FirstPersonView.co.uk FPV cable

Reaction score
FirstPersonView.co.uk do a "plug and play" cable for connecting up to a Fat Shark transmitter - see here.

Question I've got it, can that be used in conjunction with an iOSD-mini, or not? I guess you would connect the cable to the iOSD, and then run a separate cable from the iOSD to the Fat Shark?

Does the iOSD come with a cable to do that?

they have one for mini iosd and fatshark. its on their site but no picture yet. not sure if its actually available or about to be.

So after some digging around i made this diagram..
so if this looks right all it is, is soldering 4 wires together to accomplish the cable firstpersonview is making right???
after checking all the voltage outputs and inputs i don't see a need for any resistors or anything and i watched firstpersonviews video about 100 times and the cables look straight and i dont see any additional heatshrink on the wires where a resistor would be.. unless im totally missing something here is the diagram i came up with

phantomtofatshark_zps26570024.png

I'm still fairly new to the Phantom platform and FPV, so this may be a dumb question--but what is the benefit of using this cable over traditional install methods? Also, is this cable specific to the Immersion transmitter, or would it work with others, too?

Thanks!

longhornfan said:
So after some digging around i made this diagram..
so if this looks right all it is, is soldering 4 wires together to accomplish the cable firstpersonview is making right???
after checking all the voltage outputs and inputs i don't see a need for any resistors or anything and i watched firstpersonviews video about 100 times and the cables look straight and i dont see any additional heatshrink on the wires where a resistor would be.. unless im totally missing something here is the diagram i came up with

First off, there's nothing going on in the pre-made cable besides connectors. Voltages all line up, etc. The convenience of the cable is that there are a few connections to make when using an iOSD
1) Between Phantom mainboard to iOSD: vid+ (yellow) and ground (one of the browns)
2) Between Phantom mainboard and Fatshark Tx: power+ (red) and ground (the other brown)
3) Between Phantom iOSD and Fatshark Tx: vid+ (yellow) and ground (black).

Look closely at the cable in this image: http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables ... ransmitter
It's kind of a neat trick. All four Phantom mainboard wires run to the iOSD, only two (vid+ and ground) go into the iOSD. The other two (power for the TX) get twisted up with two wires coming OUT of the iOSD. So the bundle going to the Fatshark TX is:
- red (power+ from Phantom)
- brown (power ground from Phantom)
- yellow (vid+ from iOSD)
- balck (vid ground from iOSD).

If you don't have an iOSD, then the image you posted looks right to me. It would be great to find a source for spare camera cables from the Phantom (the red,yellow, 2 brown), or at least the connectors that go into the mainboard. Then I could make up one before I even open the Phantom and keep others around for when I change my mind about my FPV gear and need new connectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic