First Week with the Phantom Vision

Reaction score
I have had it just over five days now and I can say it performs quite well for the limited time I've had it in the air. The first day it arrived quite late in the day so by the time I got the battery's charged up it was getting dark. So I only got to fly it for around 15 minutes. Didn't play with the camera or phone at all. Didn't even have them on. I just wanted to learn the flight controls and what to expect with the light winds we had that day. I was very impressed. But then it got dark.
The next day I got a 20 minute flight. Standing in the street and flying it all around the neighborhood while taking pictures and recording near misses with palm trees. A lot of fun :D . One thing I'll have to remember is to turn up the volume on the phone so as to hear the low battery alarm :eek: . So I landed went in and charged up the batteries again and was back out in two hours to do it again. Note to self: Get more batteries!!!!
Well that was three days ago. We have had a bit of rain and then a wind event yesterday and will more than likely last until tomorrow. I'm spending the time now waiting for clear skies and calm breezes.

Best wishes from Southern California

I've had two batteries since 26 Nov but because of work and family commitments, and poor weather, I have flown since then!

Pretty frustrating! I managed loads of lights in the first few weeks of getting the PV, all ended by the battery running out. Then, as soon as I get another battery, doubling my flying time, I don't get the opportunity to go out!

Never mind. I'm practising my skills on the Hubsan x4 I got a few weeks ago, as getting 10 minutes to myself is easier than 30 or 40 at the moment. The x4 was **** hard to fly to begin with but I'm getting better.

Keep flying that X-4!! It is great stick training, and will make you into an excellent pilot. Practice tail in hovering, then nose-in, then try to execute a controlled circle both left and right. Then Figure of 8's. When you can do those things, you will be a better pilot than most all the rest of us!

PF

Concur with the X4. Learning nose-in control was the best thing that taught me, and I use it all the time with the Vision (you can get some cool shots as you fly right towards yourself for a catch-in-the-air landing!). Plus I find "co-ordinated" flight (i.e. banking turns) much easier on the Vision than with the X4, but the muscle memory of how to do them came from that little thing.

TisiRaptor said:
I've had two batteries since 26 Nov but because of work and family commitments, and poor weather, I have flown since then!

Pretty frustrating! I managed loads of lights in the first few weeks of getting the PV, all ended by the battery running out. Then, as soon as I get another battery, doubling my flying time, I don't get the opportunity to go out!

Never mind. I'm practising my skills on the Hubsan x4 I got a few weeks ago, as getting 10 minutes to myself is easier than 30 or 40 at the moment. The x4 was **** hard to fly to begin with but I'm getting better.

I'm on the same track as you. I couldn't keep the damned x4 in the air for more than 15 seconds when I first got it. I thought it was defective. Turns out that I was... :oops:

I had the Phantom hovering at around 35 feet yesterday and flew the x4 right up to the camera. I'm confidant enough now to try that without fear of running the poor little Hubsan into a Phantom prop... :shock: :eek:

Gunslinger, your signature quotes are hysterical!!! Have you heard this one from Mae West who was being her usual sassy self before a judge at the time of Hollywood Censorship Hearings?

Judge: "Ms. West, are you showing contempt for this Court??"
Mae: "No, yer Honor, I'm trying to HIDE it."

True story. That girl had chutzpah.

Be careful mixing airspace with those two quads - or you may have a lament of your own to post entitled "RIP Phantom and X-1" :lol:

PF

PhantomFan said:
Gunslinger, your signature quotes are hysterical!!! Have you heard this one from Mae West who was being her usual sassy self before a judge at the time of Hollywood Censorship Hearings?

Judge: "Ms. West, are you showing contempt for this Court??"
Mae: "No, yer Honor, I'm trying to HIDE it."

True story. That girl had chutzpah.

Be careful mixing airspace with those two quads - or you may have a lament of your own to post entitled "RIP Phantom and X-1" :lol:

PF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With the P2V hovering at about 40 feet I had the Hubsan flying around under the camera... Retrospectively... Not wise. But fun !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW... Any Hubson X4 owners needing new props. Don't buy the Hubsan props. Buy the LadyBIrd props, they're much, much better..

hubsanbuzz03.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav