First week with Phantom 3 Standard [Video]

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to flying DJI's Phantom quadcopters, I previously flown the Syma X8W (A toy) to learn the basics of manual flight. After months of saving I got myself a Phantom 3 Standard and I am over the moon with the quad. It's amazing!

I have created a video with a few of my favourite videos shot in the first week of owning the quad, the weathers been really hit and miss and also fairly dull, so some of the footage lacks depth and saturation. Hope you enjoy.

Have fun and safe flying! - James.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello, I am new to flying DJI's Phantom quadcopters, I previously flown the Syma X8W (A toy) to learn the basics of manual flight. After months of saving I got myself a Phantom 3 Standard and I am over the moon with the quad. It's amazing!

I have created a video with a few of my favourite videos shot in the first week of owning the quad, the weathers been really hit and miss and also fairly dull, so some of the footage lacks depth and saturation. Hope you enjoy.

Nice composition! Great flying! I have a Syma X8W with a SJ4000 hanging under it. I agree, it's a great way to learn. The Phantom is almost cheating. Welcome to the club!

Nice! Looks like you've got a future with the Phantom.

Thank you for taking the time to view my work! :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very nice job! Are you using an ND filter for those shots into the sun? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Very nice job! Are you using an ND filter for those shots into the sun? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I didn't use any ND filters throughout the video! I'm not too keen on the idea of putting added weight into the gimbals!

That was excellent. I never thought the Standard can be THAT good. Well done!

Would appreciate it if you can share your camera settings and any post-processing/workflow done.

That was excellent. I never thought the Standard can be THAT good. Well done!

Would appreciate it if you can share your camera settings and any post-processing/workflow done.

Hi oj88, thanks for watching!! I was really pleased with the outcome since I've never flown such an intelligent quad!

I didn't change the camera settings as such, I just shot in NTSC 1080p (30fps) I used D-LOG to create a flat image and then colour graded the footage in post using Final Cut Pro X :)

Great video, I too have a P3S. I have flown a few times. I haven't had any time to edit any video yet. My biggest problem is remembering to hit record. Welcome to the club!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Great video, I too have a P3S. I have flown a few times. I haven't had any time to edit any video yet. My biggest problem is remembering to hit record. Welcome to the club!
I had the same problem for the first couple of days, I then just clicked record as part of my pre flight checks and then stopped the recording once I had landed! Means I won't miss anything :)

Beautiful video! I just upgraded my computer to be able to do some video editing and can't wait to put something together. Your footage is inspiring! :)

Beautiful video! I just upgraded my computer to be able to do some video editing and can't wait to put something together. Your footage is inspiring! :)
Well I look forward to seeing some of your footage too! :)

Appreciate your kind words, thank you!

What country are you in? The music(very nice) sounds like Ireland, the terrain looks like England or Ireland. And I think the deer look Irish.....LOL

Nice job BTW

Didn't think to ask, but if youre using a pc, what editing program? I'm going through testing everything I can, trying to find something simple.....since I'm basically computer illiterate.

One of the nice things about using Litchi is the setting to automatically start and stop recording when starting and stopping the motors.

Didn't think to ask, but if youre using a pc, what editing program? I'm going through testing everything I can, trying to find something simple.....since I'm basically computer illiterate.
Hi, when I edit on PC I use Sony Vegas Pro and on my Mac (my main edit suit) I use Final Cut Pro X.

There's so many edit suits out there to choose from you've just got to find one you feel most comfortable with, as your a PC user I would recommend Sony Vegas Pro 13 as it is an easy software to learn as there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube to help you install and also use the program.

To answer your previous question, the video was shot in the south coast of England :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan