First week with Phantom 3 Adv!! (video)

Do you have any tips or particular editing software to help with timing the scene cuts in time with the music? It is something I would like to have a go at in my next video. I have only been using Ms Movie Maker and I'm not sure this is much of a tool when attempting to synchronise video and audio in this fashion.
Is there a straightforward technique?
Hi, I listen to the music and find the beat, once I've found the natural beat you can then cut the clips affording to the beat giving you a video timed to music.

I use Final Cut Pro X (Mac)to edit my work but in the past I've used Song Vegas Pro (Windows)

There are tons and tons of videos on YouTube which can help you learn to use the software and also plenty of videos showing you how to get the software if you get what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Very well done. You seem like a natural. Can you share your video settings with me. I'm curious since I'm also new :) your youtube video seems to allow me 1080P, while I shot my first video and it only allowed me 720P.
Thank you, my still new to this aerial videography!

I shoot 1080p 60fps. Cine log (I add a colour profile in the edit software)

What editing software are you using because if your rendering out the video in 720p then that will be it's max resolution even if the raw files where 1080p. Make sure your timeline is 1080p and you render out in 1080p. If that makes sense [emoji16]

Also what editing software do you use?

Do you have any tips or particular editing software to help with timing the scene cuts in time with the music? It is something I would like to have a go at in my next video. I have only been using Ms Movie Maker and I'm not sure this is much of a tool when attempting to synchronise video and audio in this fashion.
Is there a straightforward technique?
I'm a fan of Adobe Creative Cloud but it can have a bit of a learning curve. Others on the forum like Power Director but I have no direct experience with that product.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What editing software are you using because if your rendering out the video in 720p then that will be it's max resolution even if the raw files where 1080p. Make sure your timeline is 1080p and you render out in 1080p. If that makes sense [emoji16]

I use the same video editing from Phantom. But that's because I'm still a noob :) I'll look into the Cut Pro X. I'm familiar with Adobe light room, so editing videos should come natural to me. Thanks for the info. Happy Droning !

Here's my vid.

I'm a fan of Adobe Creative Cloud but it can have a bit of a learning curve. Others on the forum like Power Director but I have no direct experience with that product.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I've never used power director either... I've used Sony Vegas pro and Final Cut Pro, those are my current go to editors.

I use the same video editing from Phantom. But that's because I'm still a noob :) I'll look into the Cut Pro X. I'm familiar with Adobe light room, so editing videos should come natural to me. Thanks for the info. Happy Droning !

Here's my vid.

That is an impressive video for the Dji go app! You got some nice shots in there :)

Keep it up!! Happy droning too haha

Very nice. Were your video settings set to auto or did you manually set them at each clip? I'm thinking if they were auto, the P3A did a really good job.

Very nice. Were your video settings set to auto or did you manually set them at each clip? I'm thinking if they were auto, the P3A did a really good job.
All auto! Just clicked on the screen where I wanted it to meter for light.

Nice clip James. Nothing much happens, but it is still entertaining. Also nice sync between the sun and the instruments.

Great video. Do you have any ND filters? What are your video settings? Saturation, sharpen, WB? What color profile for editing?

Hello,

Only had my p3a for a week now and Sod's law meant that I've been grounded for about 80% of the week due to rain!

The other day the weather was a lot better (a little breezy) but still better so I decided to give this thing a real first flight!

I managed to capture this!

Still getting used to the bird as its a bit of a jump from the P3s when it comes to connection and controllers!

Any analytical tips and advice would be nice!
James.

Really nicely done. Great typeface selection and beautiful framing. You've done a great job of realizing that "less is more" with your shots. (That's a lesson I have yet to learn.) Personally, I think you have future in this.

Great video. Do you have any ND filters? What are your video settings? Saturation, sharpen, WB? What color profile for editing?
Hi, thank you.

I didn't have an ND filter, the video settings where 1080p 60, D-Cinelog and standard style. Aka stock.
f684baf14d7ffaef626b2a0902c2c9f4.jpg

I colour grade each shot individually so the colour profile changes depending on where the shot is its lighting conditions :)

Reactions: Nejkoy
Really nicely done. Great typeface selection and beautiful framing. You've done a great job of realizing that "less is more" with your shots. (That's a lesson I have yet to learn.) Personally, I think you have future in this.
Thank you for your nice words.

Video making is my passion so i hope so!

Reactions: meissner58

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20