First VR FPV using Litchi 2.0.2 and a set of 3D RIEM II goggles...

Reaction score
First flight using Litchi 2.0.2 and a pair of 3D RIEM II goggles. Normally, my tablet screen is fairly washed out by the bright daytime light. Most of the time I can easily make out what I want to frame, shoot and navigate by, but smaller details are easily missed.I always get home and review the footage and I am surprised and disappointed by what I could have shot if I had know the subjects were there in the viewfinder.

With the 3D RIEM II goggles and my Samsung S4, I could easily catch the flight of the crows (@3:36) , all the power lines (@4:31) and the fishermen at the pond (@2:34). All of these moments would have been missed using the un-shaded tablet.

You can rate the dork factor @7:05 using a scale of 1 - 10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does the app show side to side or do you just have the centre black line running down the middle?

Definitely an 11, John! But cool shots, particularly of the crows!

Does the app show side to side or do you just have the centre black line running down the middle?

The app displays a side-by-side view. Each lens of the goggle has an adjustment to help focus the display. I have to remove my contact lenses in order to focus, I am near sighted and the contacts correct my far vision, so up close is blurry with them on.

The display is just the bare text essentials such as GPS count, battery %, altitude, speed, total distance traveled and distance from home.
No map overlay or RC/Video signal strength.

I am not sure how much I like the gimbal pitch control. It uses your head position to adjust the gimbal pitch. I will have to fly it a couple of more times and see if it 'grows on you'.
You can see evidence of this after 7:05, the gimbal pitch mirrors my head movements. up and down only.

Definitely an 11, John! But cool shots, particularly of the crows!

It is quite a bit smaller than the HeadPlay goggles, and not a s cool as a set of Flytrex.

I watched the video to the end John. I give you a solid 8.0 my friend.

No, you need the SxS display.
Yeah I thought so, pity...
I am not sure how much I like the gimbal pitch control. It uses your head position to adjust the gimbal pitch. I will have to fly it a couple of more times and see if it 'grows on you'.
You can see evidence of this after 7:05, the gimbal pitch mirrors my head movements. up and down only.
They should add in an option to turn that off because the gimbal pitch is so easy and intuitive on the tx

Do any of you know a good FPC kit for nexus 7 (7 inches)? Most of the kits seem to fit up to 6 inches.

What about barrel distortion? I can see your googles have no barrel distortion and litchi app have.

Last edited:
First flight using Litchi 2.0.2 and a pair of 3D RIEM II goggles. Normally, my tablet screen is fairly washed out by the bright daytime light. Most of the time I can easily make out what I want to frame, shoot and navigate by, but smaller details are easily missed.I always get home and review the footage and I am surprised and disappointed by what I could have shot if I had know the subjects were there in the viewfinder.

With the 3D RIEM II goggles and my Samsung S4, I could easily catch the flight of the crows (@3:36) , all the power lines (@4:31) and the fishermen at the pond (@2:34). All of these moments would have been missed using the un-shaded tablet.

You can rate the dork factor @7:05 using a scale of 1 - 10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried this today with latest litchi and the same them 3 goggles but had an issue with the gimbal - it seemed to be stuck toward the ground. Did you have this issue? Can I fix it in the settings?

I tried this today with latest litchi and the same them 3 goggles but had an issue with the gimbal - it seemed to be stuck toward the ground. Did you have this issue? Can I fix it in the settings?

Never experienced that issue, but I turned off the 'Gimbal Gesture Control' under the AIRCRAFT tab. Before I turned that off, the gimbal would pitch with my head movements, which is annoying.

What device are you using? Android or iOS?

actually i like a lot the pitch control whit the head track.... its a very accurate way to control pitch, i use litchi, note 4, and some $12 dollars VR goggles and it looks great.
i tried other app called Dream Flights and you can control the yaw, of the P3 whit head track so you can have pitch and yaw also you can have all the control of the P3 whit head track.... you can have a simulated 3d view but it´s not great... its a delay between one eye and the other to simulate the 3d and its a little un confortable..

Last edited:
Just checked out the Dream Flights app. Looks pretty cool. $35.53 ?? Love the palindrome, but that's a bit steep. May have to do it though. Hopefully, if I wait long enough, Litchi will add yaw control to theirs.

I've seen posts where people have actually drilled holes into their Gear to accept the cable from the Phantom remote. Not something I would want to do to mine considering you can get a pair of goggles for just about any phone for only $15-$30.

I've seen posts where people have actually drilled holes into their Gear to accept the cable from the Phantom remote. Not something I would want to do to mine considering you can get a pair of goggles for just about any phone for only $15-$30.

Yeah, I want to find a way to do it without modifying the Gear VR. I have a few ideas I will try and let everyone know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.