First videos of the ultimate Phantom 3 axis gimbal

We are only releasing the controller at this point. We have partnerships in place with several known gimbal manufacturers and we are working with them to deliver a complete solution for the Phantom.

Price will be slightly more expensive than Alexmos 3 axis, but not by much.

Hi Samur,

Do you have all three axis on a single PCB? I might be interested in just the board for another project.

ok, I've got a special request. Waterproofing it. From watching Jim's thread on his waterproof phantom, I've learned that brushless motors are ok to use in the water. So to a degree the zenmuse is waterproof. What is not waterproof are the little computer boards. If you can make a waterproof gimbal with 3 axis, it would be perfect on a waterproof quad with no landing gear.

Unfortunately the board can't be waterproofed, but why not make a waterproof casing for it? (and one for the IMU board, of course).

Of course, not being waterproofed doesn't mean I didn't take out our precious prototype out to the rain ;) But don't do that with your boards. Seriously. They'll die.

wvfrlqm.png

I'm dying to make a waterproof case for it. I just need to know the dimensions of the 3 axis gimbal.

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 487
@Ksc-

Man... that is hotter than a fox in a forest fire. I bet it has more moves than ex-lax... can do more curves than can full of fishing worms... badder than Chuck Norris, and as smooth as Mondavi.

Beautiful work... so does it work? ;)

24pfilms said:
I agree...bad flying and impressive gimbal.
Looks like it was on a Phantom?
Question:
When and how much?

It is on a Phantom, it's controller-only at this point and the bad pilot is ranked among the top five 3D helicopter pilots in the world ;) I've ran out of sane scenarios to test this gimbal, so I go to the extremes :D

I'll upload a picture sometime soon. It's a tight fit but we put an iPower GBM3506 motor in there which is relatively thin. We then had to 3D print some legs extenders for the Phantom (you can sometimes see them in the videos during hard yaws, those are the yellow things on the bottom of the skids).

Yes it was built from scratch for this application. I don't think anyone makes a 3 axis gimbal for a Phantom, although DJI is coming out with one.

It's been rumored for some time now. I don't think their gimbal will match this one though ;) But lets wait and see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20