First Video...

Reaction score
This was my first video...a bit shaky but not too bad I guess.

Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good shots! I'll throw out a few tips, even though I'm as much a neophyte as anyone else.

-Shorter is better. Like way shorter. Try watching some other youtube videos of 1+ minute drone shots of a single subject. Your attention span is worn out by about the first 30 seconds. Also try cutting your footage into a bunch of bite size (like under 5 second) clips and try to use them cohesively somehow.

-What program did you use to edit the clips and add music? If it can do a little color correction, use it. Just bumping the exposure on your clips in the video could really help it out- that's a cool subject, but the light was pretty drab that day, with a little work it could pop.

-It's hard, but try to find a spot to fly the drone that's not in your shot, or well hidden. On your POI circle clip I was continually drawn back to you walking around instead of the subject.

-Did I mention shorter?

Great start! The more you fly and edit your content will automatically improve. Watch tons of tutorials on editing and flying.

Reactions: ELHEAPO
Good shots! I'll throw out a few tips, even though I'm as much a neophyte as anyone else.

-Shorter is better. Like way shorter. Try watching some other youtube videos of 1+ minute drone shots of a single subject. Your attention span is worn out by about the first 30 seconds. Also try cutting your footage into a bunch of bite size (like under 5 second) clips and try to use them cohesively somehow.

-What program did you use to edit the clips and add music? If it can do a little color correction, use it. Just bumping the exposure on your clips in the video could really help it out- that's a cool subject, but the light was pretty drab that day, with a little work it could pop.

-It's hard, but try to find a spot to fly the drone that's not in your shot, or well hidden. On your POI circle clip I was continually drawn back to you walking around instead of the subject.

-Did I mention shorter?

Great start! The more you fly and edit your content will automatically improve. Watch tons of tutorials on editing and flying.

Awesome, thanks for the tips...I'll definitely try to shorten the vids....I used MOVAVI to edit the clips, not really sure how to enhance the video though!

I'm not familiar with Movavi, but a quick glance at their site looks like it can probably do all you need in terms of adjusting color, exposure, etc...

Cool! Perhaps turn off Auto White Balance and set to Cloudy. This will prevent the fluctuations you have in your video regarding exposure - visible mostly when your camera turns to the sky.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Dronamatica
This was my first video...a bit shaky but not too bad I guess.

Thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
A little shaky as you said but great scenery the castle is amazing, nice POI!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.