First video.

FRS

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHlq0fXobLQ

Would like some honest opinions on my video. This is my first true video edit and I am not all that happy with gopro studios. Any suggestions on some better but not ridiculously expensive software? Also I am not happy with my turns in air.. seems like the video is real choppy. Any way to correct this? Also is my memory card complete crap (SanDisk Pixtor MicroSD HCi)? Sorry for all the noob *** questions in advance!

Not bad, I like the music track. I just finished my first also, so I'm still learning too. The turns didn't seem too choppy, but I'm learning to pan very slowly otherwise it just makes you dizzy. I made my first video on my iPad with Pinnacle Studio and I was surprised how powerful and easy to use it was. I just got a faster computer and have Pinnacle Studio on that also, my old computer totally choked when I tried to do any video editing. It is $12 for the iPad and around $50 for the computer.

Why do you think your sd card is crap? I don't know anything about those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it choppy on your PC as well?
Keeping your movements slow especially panning will help a lot.
The compression YouTube uses will make it look worse also. It looks not to bad on my tablet but YouTube always looks better on a phone or tablet than a PC monitor.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Great first video. If your SD card isn't class 10, you're using the wrong SD card. You're filming in 760 60 mode and need a fast card. I don't think the stock Phantom 4gb card is fast enough either. Hard to tell from YouTube what your original video looks like, but if you're not experienced flying quadcopters you're flying in the wrong area. Your video should be butter smooth with no dropped frames. If not, faster card.

Every thing Redryder said above is correct if it's choppy on your computer before you even edit it, however if it's fine on your computer but choppy after you render/export it from you editing software it is the encoding settings. YouTube will only make it worse.

So I've been educating myself on SD cards. You have the Best Buy branded(Pixtor) card which is the same as the Sandisk Ultra that I have. It is a class 10 card, but only supports write speeds of 30Mbps.

Right now Best Buy has the Samsung Pro 32gb card on sale for $39.99 which supports write speeds of 80Mbps. Guess where I'm going later today. :D

I just did learned how to power down the unit to 50% and 30% on the turns. I will take your advise and stop flying in my front yard.. my neighbors egg me on and want to see it fly.

Chris Hick said:
Right now Best Buy has the Samsung Pro 32gb card on sale for $39.99 which supports write speeds of 80Mbps. Guess where I'm going later today. :D

Chris- dumb question for you - Does this help post production or that's the way it is being downloaded onto the card? I really need to find a video editing tutorial that explains all the basics so I can start understanding this stuff easier. I love it though. Not going to lie, I don't know a **** thing but its fun to wing it ;P

If I understand correctly, faster card just helps it keep up with the video stream from the camera. If the camera puts out 50Mbps but the card can only handle 30Mbps then you get choppy video.

It might also transfer to your computer faster, but once the video is on your computer the speed of the card makes no difference.

Chris Hick said:
If I understand correctly, faster card just helps it keep up with the video stream from the camera. If the camera puts out 50Mbps but the card can only handle 30Mbps then you get choppy video.

It might also transfer to your computer faster, but once the video is on your computer the speed of the card makes no difference.

If the card can't handle the data rate that the camera is serving the GoPro will shut off. This was the "firmware" issue that people blamed on GoPro when in fact there were a number of reputable card manufacturers out there that were overstating the specs of their cards.

Exceeding the data rate of the card does not result in choppy video.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik