First Video with Contour+2

Reaction score
I am a brand new flyer so I practiced a week before I finally got the courage to add my camera. This is my first video using my new Phantom and my new Contour+2. This is a pretty boring video but I thought there might be people curious about alternatives to GoPro cameras.

Other than a piece of MoonGel between the body and the GoPro mount, I did nothing to the Phantom. My camera is simply screwed into a GoPro tripod adapter that is connected to the mount. This was shot with "out of the box" default settings of the Contour+2 at 720p/60fps although I did turn off the GPS feature. I did nothing to the video in post. However, it appears the quality degraded upon upload to Contour as the .MOV looks a lot nicer on my iMac.

http://contour.com/videos/watch/flight-test

P.S. Maybe someone can offer an auditory analysis of my motors. Do they sound normal? The props only have a few flights on them (albeit with a couple of grass clipping incidents) but are newly- and well-balanced.

Attachments

• IMG_20130514_220459_085.jpg
    IMG_20130514_220459_085.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 870
No bad for a first video!

the resulting video looks pretty good.

since you inquire about the motor sound,. ..they actually do sound a bit clanky/rattlely compared to other video's Ive listened to (and my own).
try spinning each one by hand and listen to what they sound like.
A common problem many of us have encountered are bad bearings, which are easy to replace.

I like your video, I have been a big fan of Contour cameras since they first came out. Love the way they are built and how well the company takes care of us. Just replaced my second one with another GPS version. I'm not sure I like the 170 degree on the new ones, I have been very happy with 135 on my ContourGPS so I think I might have to pick up another before I can't find them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj