First Video flight rookie mistake

PhantomDave said:
nashvillephantom said:
PhantomDave said:
It's been way below zero in Minneapolis for a few weeks, so what's someone with a new Phantom going to do? Fly inside of course. All went well the first three short flights, then I turned on the video and captured the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqaUm81cnlw

no damage done, just a little green on my props. Poor Plant :lol:

No offense, I would never judge a fellow pilot but I would be concerned about hurting someone by flying inside such a small space!

First and last time. Being from Nashville you probably don't understand waiting until spring to fly. There are only a few decent days in the winter where you can go out and fly in Minnesota. So we improvise

Understood. A man's gotta fly.

Good to see another Minnesotan excited for spring. My P2 is my first quad and since its been so cold out, I also flew a few times indoors. Lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

We had a party at Christmas. Some friends wanted to see the Vision, so I fired it up, no GPS lock, nothing (one or two orange juices were on board, you see...) Off she took and straight into the Christmas tree. What a laugh! No damage done except to a cream coloured settee that had wine spilled on it as I leapt across the room to grab it! Thankfully only a few baubles were damaged. No video evidence, so you'll just have to take my word.

happydays said:
We had a party at Christmas. Some friends wanted to see the Vision, so I fired it up, no GPS lock, nothing (one or two orange juices were on board, you see...) Off she took and straight into the Christmas tree. What a laugh! No damage done except to a cream coloured settee that had wine spilled on it as I leapt across the room to grab it! Thankfully only a few baubles were damaged. No video evidence, so you'll just have to take my word.

LOL. My mistake was turning towards myself (left is right and visa versa) on the first flight and of course I zigged when I should have zagged.

PhantomDave said:
happydays said:

LOL. My mistake was turning towards myself (left is right and visa versa) on the first flight and of course I zigged when I should have zagged.

Nose in flying is a ***** to get comfortable with. I spend a ridiculous amount of time practicing and it's been baby steps...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Yeah, but when you manage to string it together for a few minutes at a time it does make you feel like you're a bit of a top gun. :)

True.. Although not sure I'd ever want to be compared to Tom Cruise... His bank balance, yes....

I got my stickers. It's offical.

Attachments

• triminator.jpg
    triminator.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 275

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member