Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

First Video - Coxwood Farm

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by MajorJump, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MajorJump

Gents,

I've shot my first video here and would appreciate some feedback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D97DaZ0NJ0I&feature=youtu.be

Note, this was without FPV and before I'd ever seen the output from the GoPro (so I had no idea about angles, field of view etc.).

I mistakenly shot in Narrow rather than Wide, which lowed the quality a bit. I tried to mix up the shots, but they're mostly taken from one location. The net result is perhaps not the most interesting video (overlong) but I used it more to practice editing than anything else. If you've got any thoughts/feedback I'd appreciate it.

2. pritchard150

Nice work, it will only get easier!

3. RedRyderMedia

No apologies necessary......would benefit from more ruthless editing, but a great start.....keep going.

4. noiseboy72

Narrow or medium FOV keeps the legs out of shot, so no worries using this.

You have plenty of confidence flying, that's for sure!

5. MajorJump

Thanks all for the feedback. I take the point on the ruthless editing - I need some better/more varied footage to choose from I think! A good excuse to fly!

As for the FOV - I thought I'd been really lucky avoiding the legs to date! I suppose I could always crop the legs out afterwards (this is essentially what the camera does on the fly, right)?.