First time video editing questions

Reaction score
So I'm fairly good at editing photos but video's are very new to me. I just got my phantom 3 a couple weeks ago and I'm learning davinci resolve's color grading tools. I've attached video I took yesterday from an event. I color graded it in DaVinci. Disclaimer: the camera shots aren't very good. I was getting a layout of the event.
Video settings: D log, -2 everything, auto white balance, ND-16 filter. 24 fps, 1080p, ios 100, shutter speed 50. Mid Day.
1st Question-How does the video look? Please give me any advice your have. To me it doesn't seem very clear. Also some parts are very bright. No matter what I try, it doesn't seem 100% correct.
2nd Question-This was the first time using the ND filter. Is it a little too blurry. Should I have used a higher frame rate with a higher shutter speed for shooting lots of people. ND filters are all new to me.

I would really appreciate your feedback and advice.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: airwindow
Your image are correct but...

For security reason, i think it's not really a good idea to fly over people like you did.
Maybe film side by side or do a orbital video.

Security is the first thing you have to thing when fly at a event.

It's not bad in the end ... not a all.

Of course that some parts of the recordings will have a brighter parts due to the shooting conditions that are too heavy for camera sensor whose dynamic range is not as in professional camcorders .

Therefore, the key is to adjust the shooting conditions according to equipment we have, and these conditions are far to great to shoot.

The sun is very low ( the shadows of people are very long on the ground ) and people in whites receive maximum illumination , while others that would otherwise be in the shadow receive less light . All this is happening at the grass with its texture detail ... very difficult for the weak sensor and insufficient bitrate for so many details .

Perhaps to try initial camera settings do even more flat with these settings :
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.