First time shooting wake boarding from boat

Reaction score
I was SUPER nervous. I have only been flying the P2V+ for about 3 weeks. I need a lot more practice so I can focus more on better shots and camera angles instead of worrying that the Phantom was going to crash or fly away or do something horrible.
Here's the first video https://vimeo.com/101822515
and here's the 2nd https://vimeo.com/101822516

I definitely like the camera angle better on the 2nd although neither one is great.

Not bad at all.

I've got a friend that wants me to film exactly the same thing.

I think getting much closer to the subject next time will improve the video 10 fold. Obviously you'll need to be pretty confident though flying that much closer to the water!

Original poster said:
Not bad at all.

I've got a friend that wants me to film exactly the same thing.

I think getting much closer to the subject next time will improve the video 10 fold. Obviously you'll need to be pretty confident though flying that much closer to the water!

Pretty cool and the music wored well...

Thanks for the positive feedback. I just need to keep flying and improving my technique. This is my first RC craft...got it about 3 weeks ago. I am really enjoying it.

You need to be much lower and much much closer to your subject. You have FPV so nothing should be holding you back. Especially at those very low speeds that the newbies are being towed at.

agreed...good video and great start...but get lower. And tell the boat driver to shorten that rope by like 10 ft. the wake is mush at the point they are riding it LOL.

Trust your FPV and focus on that. get some nice low (not to low or your phantom will be soggy) shots. If you were 10 ft off the water that would be plenty low. If you want to get real daring go down to like 5 ft.

But still a great video and thanks for posting it up.

Thanks for the feedback. You guys are motivating me to practice,practice,practice on dry land so my technique is good and I'm not nervous when filming over water.

Thanks!

the good thing about flying over water is that its all level...land can roll and change in elevation. The bad thing about water is you have no second chance after a crash LOL

Nice start! Keep practicing flying, not on a boat :) Practice tracking things like cars, bikes, runners and practice keeping the camera on the subject while flying around them. For only having the P2V+ for 3 weeks, you're doing great though!

Here is something similar I shot a month ago or so. I was filming from the pull boat. Just to give you some ideas on shots that are a little more dynamic. Also, you said you'd keep practicing so you wouldn't be nervous flying over water... Hate to say this, but I still get nervous when flying over the water. Every time. :)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TY0zea2MQQ[/youtube]

Wow! Fantastic video! The shots are incredible. Thanks for sharing and for the pointers. I will certainly keep practicing and improving. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20