First time pilot and buyer

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am expecting my P3P to arrive Wednesday and I will be a first time flyer. I am expecting to learn how to fly it without GPS and learn all the technology as well for the next couple of months before I even go beyond 1 km or so from my line of sight.

What I mostly don't know are any other things people purchase or download or do to improve their phantoms. Any other products I should purchase? I've been reading and I don't know what windsurfers are or things like that! Any help would be great thanks!

Congrats on your new Phantom!

Check out www.PhantomHelp.com. I cover the best accessories and tips there.

If you have never flown before, I would suggest you buy a cheap "practise model" before you take the phantom up. You dont want to crash such an expensive craft during your learning curve.

If you have never flown before, I would suggest you buy a cheap "practise model" before you take the phantom up. You dont want to crash such an expensive craft during your learning curve.

I wouldnt worry too much.

USE GPS until you get the hang of it before trying without!!!

Make sure you have plenty of room. No trees or buildings.
Hand tighten props
Compass calibration away from metal - only need to do it now and then not every flight
When you switch on just let it sit there for a while - never rush anything
Full throttle take off - then hover at say 10'
Never rush anything
If in doubt just let go of the controls - the P3 will just sit there.
Have a helper/spotter
Even my first landing was a hand catch - bring it to hover at 7' - then reach up and grab a skid. Keep left stick down until the motors stop.
Good luck!!!

Reactions: Waternut13134
Is the Autopilot App worth taking a look at?
I wouldn't recommend using any other app until you become familiar with the DJI GO App and thoroughly understand how it works and all the controls and operations. Then when you understand that and can operate your P3 with confidence-- jump out there and get Auto Pilot,

It will probably be further developed by that time and it is still a growing app.

Perfect, yeah, I'm so excited I can't wait for Wednesday, the battery charges pretty quickly I heard? Anyone know how long?

Perfect, yeah, I'm so excited I can't wait for Wednesday, the battery charges pretty quickly I heard? Anyone know how long?
about 45 minutes -- it will be about 50% when you get it-- you will want more batteries later-- I have 5 -- LOL

I don't full throttle at all. I gently increase it to relieve the stress of going immediately to full throttle. Raise your sticks up on the controller by screwing them up higher for better control, then make slow but steady movements and it should keep the bird clean with no stress cracks.

about 45 minutes -- it will be about 50% when you get it-- you will want more batteries later-- I have 5 -- LOL
Pay attention to the battery and don't fly it down too low-- there are recommendations of 50% for the first ten flights and then set your low battery warning to 30%. Try for the most part -- after the first ten flights to land at around 30%-- if you do that , you will helping your battery life. At 20 flights, DJI recommends a deep discharge to recalibrate the smart battery.. When you get to that point-- you will want to do that. But don't even worry about that until you have at least 20 flights. Give me a shout when you get there and I can walk you through that process. Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik