First time over water.

Reaction score
Never had the guts to fly over water yet so the Phantom thought it would do it for me. Was flying around the side of a loch when I lost signal. When the signal came back around 2 min later the phantom was basically right over the centre of the loch in go home mode. Took over control and pushed it back over land. Still unsure of flying over water.

It does if I have to go fishing if it decided it fancied a we swim lol. Yeah toorboy seen your video of around loch Ore. This is where my P3 was at the weekend with me being around 12000 feet away in Kelty.

hi northcountrySD look in advanced settings its right at the bottom of the list disable vps always check to see its off before attempting water shots. aye fin032 am still no a 100% on pushing the p3 out to far yet am still averaging about 500m - 600m buddy Is ur flight up on youtube fin032?

Best I have done is just under 6000 meters 3.7 mile. I hit loch leven so I turned around. You will be flying further out in no time and I will deal with water at some point. No on YouTube yet as I wanted to get the Dashware gauges to work with it first. iOS 9 has really messed up the flight logs though and the map as you can see. Going to have to downgrade to iOS 8.4 and try again.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443458824.213312.jpg

Last edited:
as long as vps disabled fin ur fine pal
I did three flights over water this weekend

I dont want to jynx myself. But I never disabled vps and I actually flew just 3 ft above water. I was filming an alligator in the everglades and wanted to get as close as possible. VPS was still turned on. Dont know if I got lucky or it doesnt matter.

I don't use the VPS outside at all Drew. I don't think it works with water because I think it needs some sort of still pattern to work with. As water moves and changes all the time it can mess with the sensor so not recommended.

I don't use the VPS outside at all Drew. I don't think it works with water because I think it needs some sort of still pattern to work with. As water moves and changes all the time it can mess with the sensor so not recommended.

I have had VPS issues like incorrect reading of how high my Phantom actually is. It will be 30 feet high and says -7 feet. Other than that no problems, no crashes. Flown it over water plenty of time with VPS on. Ive heard a bunch of people recommend to turn it off. I guess I should start taking their advice

I am sure there are lots of posts on the forum on it. After one of the updates people were having errors and a lot of people started turning it off. I didn't have errors but turned it off just incase. I never bothered turning it back on as I didn't see the point in it outside. Inside yeah 100% have it on. If your happy with it on and now have no errors maybe best keeping it on but I don't think it will work over water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1