First time lighting things up

Reaction score
So weather here in the far northwest been so bad that I haven't done a thing with new P4 except unpack it. Indoors today and did the firmware update on the aircraft with my iMac. Went well. So just hooked everything up and noticed the following:
1. With USB cable supplied, the small end had to be forced into the outlet on my iPad Mini 4. (It fits fine in the aircraft.) And when I got it inserted, nothing worked. Grabbed the charging cord for the iPad and everything started working and I got through activation and actually did some time on the simulator.
Did I make a bad assumption that the supplied cable would fit the iPad?
Is it ok to use the Apple cable ?
2. Down in the "About" section where the versions are noted, aircraft was right on with .602, controller showed 1.6.0. I thought I saw elsewhere that it was supposed to be 1.8.0. Could not find anywhere where it said to update the controller. Any problems here?
Thanks for all the help you guys provide.
David

Did I make a bad assumption that the supplied cable would fit the iPad?
The supplied cable is not a Lightning cable. It's okay to use your Apple cable. If you want a shorter cable, this Cambond Lightning cable is made well. I'm using it with all of my Phantoms.

Down in the "About" section where the versions are noted, aircraft was right on with .602, controller showed 1.6.0. I thought I saw elsewhere that it was supposed to be 1.8.0.
The current remote controller firmware version is 1.8.0. You can see that in the release notes on the P4 downloads page. If you'd like to update your remote controller, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here (start at step #14).

Last edited:
Thanks. Had already ordered that very same cable. And just did the controller firmware update. So all is good - if the weather would just cooperate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers