First time in the snow

Reaction score
I put my bird up for the first time in the snow. I really like how it came out. When I got up over 100' it was too cloudy to see anything, but the lower stuff came out nice. It's not edited to music, and no real editing to it at all, so it's pretty raw.

http://youtu.be/ii_QHOxj48k

I've been nervous to take mine up in the snow, but it seems like people do it all the time.

I covered up all the vents with tape, it's not like it's gonna overheat. There wasn't really any wind with the snow, so it was much easier than usual to work with.

Jermz said:
I covered up all the vents with tape, it's not like it's gonna overheat. There wasn't really any wind with the snow, so it was much easier than usual to work with.

yep, I was thinking moisture could get in the vents... but I was more concerned with the motors themselves like, if enough moisture gets on the motor couldn't it just shut off, and plummet?

I mean, I'd be doing it out in the country but over the city I haven't been willing to risk it.. but I really want to :)

They're brushless motors, and you could darn near run those things underwater. Not necessarily good for them to do it a lot, but it's not going to kill them.

great to know, thanks!

You need use de-icer before each flight. :lol: :lol:

nice!! i did the same...first time in the snow...i live in Keller. Man the weather has been crazy or what????!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik