First time editing photo

Reaction score
Here is my First time editing photo. Be nice
1485302689827.jpg
1485302695517.jpg

Here is my First time editing photo. Be nice
You've set yourself a tricky task to start with.
The pic is half dark foreground and half (relatively) bright sky.
The camera has trouble getting shadow detail as well as highlights in the bright area.

It will be a lot easier to get good results if you have similar brightness across the frame rather than a 50/50 light/dark composition.

Yeah, I was just playing around and had the camera set to auto. It was starting to get dark and just took some quick pictures. I have never used any kind of editing software before either. All this is new to me

Not bad for a first crack at it. I've said before that I am a fan of Lightroom. I still use LR3 and it has served me well. Even with a low res jpeg, you can do some amazing things with it. Just loading it in and a couple quick changes that takes just a couple seconds and you get something like this. Keep in mind, this was just to brighten it up. You can do a log of color correction and exposure corrections. Spend a little time and get the correct lighting/exposure, color, and noise reduction and you can really get a nice image. Best to ALWAYS shoot in RAW though to give you the most detail and post processing options. Great and easy software to use though.

Attachments

• 1485302689827.jpg
    1485302689827.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: miskairal

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik