First time crash!!!

Reaction score
Goodmorning people

New guy in flying (no more than 2 weeks)

Had the bright idea to fly indoors in warehouse. Long story short i crashed .
Fell from a height no more than 2.5 m and no lateral speed (just touched the prop at an obstacle)
As you can see from the pics i attach below the damage is minor ( as i see it )
base of the gimbal broke , all 4 props are damaged and the top of the drone has unclipped in 3 places.
went home removed the props , run the motors without the propellers just to check the sound they make , in case something was wrong ,(everything sounded fine)
replaced the props with new ones went out flying (followed all the procedure , compass calibration remote calibration everthing)
it flew like a charm , shot video properly landed with no problems*(almost)

1st question as soon as it hit the ground (fell with the props facing down) i tried to shut down the motors by pulling the left stick all the way down but they didn't stop , why?
(didnt do a csc as i had no time to react)
2nd question . as i landed the first time i left the motors to idle just to check them and they started revving up until the drone was off the ground (landed it safely) no clue as to why it did that ( second time i tried it the motors were idle , no rev up)
3rd question is there anything else i should check before i fly again?(something i missed or should look into something more carefully)

Thank you very much in advance

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 326
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    429.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 303
as soon as it hit the ground (fell with the props facing down) i tried to shut down the motors by pulling the left stick all the way down but they didn't stop , why?
You'd need to hold the left stick for for 3-5 seconds. It would have been easiest to do a CSC once on the ground -- since that will shut down the motors nearly instantly.

3rd question is there anything else i should check before i fly again?
From your photos, it looks like you need to:

Reactions: HomagCNC
Buy a new one! The Standards are cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You'd need to hold the left stick for for 3-5 seconds. It would have been easiest to do a CSC once on the ground -- since that will shut down the motors nearly instantly.

From your photos, it looks like you need to:
props changed already
i did put the damper missing

I will order the gimbal mounting plate

having problem closing the top shell maybe i have to unscrew it and screw it back again

Any clues for the second question ?

Thank you for your reply

Buy a new one! The Standards are cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Not that cheap for me that i want it for just a hobby , i am not a pro neither an advanced pilot

but i will consider getting the new one as soon as get some flying time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic