First Time Chasing Cruise Ship

Reaction score
Let the (constructive) criticism begin. Bad timing and angle towards ship. Didn't get as close as i wanted to but learned a couple of things for next time.
1 - Need to be smoother with turns
2 - When turning too fast don't try to slow it down in iMovie cause you can see it stutter
3 - Don't use auto settings? This was with Polar Pro ND-16 filter on auto. Not a photographer so was hesitant to completely ruin my first chase.

What other suggestions for better video can you give?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Cobs
Nice vid, i would use ATTI mode for yawing around, seems so much more smoother, a little shove and let it yaw naturally. Time scene changes to music changes.
Yup seen you give up chasing the ship haha, oh well next time ;)

Nice vid, i would use ATTI mode for yawing around, seems so much more smoother, a little shove and let it yaw naturally. Time scene changes to music changes.
Yup seen you give up chasing the ship haha, oh well next time ;)

Thanks.
Yes i gave up, i was already pretty far out and it was a little more windy than my weather app said it was supposed to be so i was nervous about that and from where I was i couldn't see the ship till it got to the bridge so no time to get ready, it was already late and i had to do the warm up thing (didn't want to leave it on and drain the battery waiting) and got a late start. Good thing I didn't leave it on, ship was over a half hour later than usual.

Yeah music - I hate that part. I find it so difficult to find free music on youtube. I mean theres plenty of choices but nothing you've ever heard before so where do you start? Do you know where else to get the music if i wanted to add it before posting. I had put a different song in there from my library but it wouldn't let me post it (copyrights). Will definitely try again and get it better. practice practice practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31