First test flight thoughts after latest upgrade (no video)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would give my first impressions of the latest upgrade after taking the P3Pro out for a flight a couple of hours ago.

Last night he upgrade went perfectly smoothly. After recalibrating the IMU I tried the new features (except 'follow me') on the flight simulator and things went well.

This afternoon I did a couple of 'POI' flights - the bird flew flawlessly and I now have a couple of videos to examine (one in 4K and one in 1080P). I have to admit that I was a bit wary of a possible fly-away but no, all went well.

Next I did a couple of 'waypoint' flights. This is were I became aware of a couple of differences between this 'waypoint' version and that on my old (now sold) P2V+. As mentioned in other posts, you now have to fly the route and add each individual waypoint as you fly, then, once completed, the app and the bird take over. This is different to the P2V+ method which was plotted on the map and the height of each waypoint manually inserted. I assume that the latest method is to ensure that the flight can be conducted safely and successfully without recourse to guessing the heights of objects on the bird's path.
The other difference was the way in which the P3Pro actually flies the identified path. In the P2V+ it was clearly very calculated and at each waypoint the bird stopped and turned onto the path before continuing resulting in a rather stop-start flight. In the P3Pro the bird does not stop at each waypoint and appears to 'cut the corner' and each one resulting in a much smoother, fluid result.

The 'course lock' and 'home lock' flights were equally very smooth and accurate.

I have yet to try the 'follow me' aspect yet - as it is the least appealing to my particular needs but overall I am very, very pleased with this upgrade and the increased functionality it brings.

Safe flying folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair