First spill, stubborn shell clips and screws, tips?

Reaction score
TLDR, I was rushed and didn't take my surroundings in to account as much as I should have and didn't use a way point or home lock function that probably would have prevented the crash. I hit the side of a friends house and landed in some rocks.

I broke 3 props which I am not worried about since 4 are $15 on Amazon. The seem on the shell was split open and I needed to push some clips back over to the other side and looks good for the most part except for 2 spots around 2 of the motors. There must be a clip that I am not seeing correctly or that I am unaware of but I cant seem to get it to close. See here

I feel like I could fix whatever it is that wrong with those clips around the 2 motors but there is another problem. So I tried taking the shell off at the friends house since he has more than enough tools to do it. I got all of the screws out except 3 of the 4 that are seated in the deep whole near the landing gear. I am afraid that they will strip and I will be in a worse position than I currently am. I am guessing I might be able to buy a new T6 or 8 (whichever I need) with a longer shaft and bigger handle to get some more leverage. Does anyone have any tips from experience to share with me?

Last edited:
It looks like the screw threads just pulled lose from the screws at the motor. Try unscrewing the screws and screw them back in properly, that just might do it. As far as tools to use Dynamite makes some excellent quality tools that I use, here is a pic of one of them:
20160530_005750_zpsfmx5tiss.jpg

I tired unscrewing them and screwing them back in. It worked on one but still couldn't position the shell quite right for the others at the time. I'm sure with some more tinkering I can get it. I'll go shopping around tomorrow at maybe a hardware store or an auto shop for that driver. Is it a T6 or T8 that I need?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tired unscrewing them and screwing them back in. It worked on one but still couldn't position the shell quite right for the others at the time. I'm sure with some more tinkering I can get it. I'll go shopping around tomorrow at maybe a hardware store or an auto shop for that driver. Is it a T6 or T8 that I need?

T8 for all the screws except for the small ones on the end of the arms are T6

Oh and motor mount screw are 2.0mm hex.

This is a good disassembly video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a good disassembly video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I appreciate the help! Hopefully things go smoothly tomorrow. That's actually the video I pulled up at my friends house.

Good luck! Be careful of the GPS cable when opening.

Reactions: SLAYYER
Good luck! Be careful of the GPS cable when opening.

I'll have to watch the video more closely to see what you are talking about before doing anything.

I think you had this backwards. The T8 is for all of the screws except the ones on the very ends.
Thats what I said. T8 is bigger than T6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers