First serious effort at editing ....

Reaction score
My first serious effort at editing. Comments appreciated ..... good and bad!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks

Reactions: h2oslider
Looks awesome, what camera settings were you running and what program did you edit it in?

Thanks.

ND 4 filter
Exposure set to sunny
1080p @ 60 fps
EV locked
Final cut X

That's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swelo
practice on your yaw movement. sometimes too fast or not steady enough in that video.

I think you did an excellent job. Most of the time when you hear "first shot at editing" you expect to see a long video with drawn out scenes. Not here you nailed it.

practice on your yaw movement. sometimes too fast or not steady enough in that video.
Will do, thanks. Perhaps turning gains down might help. I've since turned down the gimbal sensitivity.

I think you did an excellent job. Most of the time when you hear "first shot at editing" you expect to see a long video with drawn out scenes. Not here you nailed it.
Thanks. On my youtube channel there's a couple of videos that are just what you mentioned, long drawn out shots, bad music etc(bad videos). I've learned that music is key and that you don't need to use every second of footage that you shoot. That footage is the edit from 3 batteries worth of shooting. I just don't need to use it all to hopefully achieved the desired effect.

Thanks. On my youtube channel there's a couple of videos that are just what you mentioned, long drawn out shots, bad music etc(bad videos). I've learned that music is key and that you don't need to use every second of footage that you shoot. That footage is the edit from 3 batteries worth of shooting. I just don't need to use it all to hopefully achieved the desired effect.

Ah yes that makes sense. I was wondering how you nailed it on the first run LOL!

We shot literally hours of footage in the spring (2 days worth) and when all the editing was done I'd estimate they used a total of 60 seconds of aerial footage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31