First serious crash

LDF

Reaction score
Hello!

So, as the title states I just had my first serious crash, and am now curious as to how to proceed next?

I am going to replace the upper and lower shell, because as shown in the pictures below, one of the arms are bent so much the prop can't go around.

The props didn't take any damage other than getting a little dirty from some dirt and leaf residue. So they should be good, right?

But other than that, is there anything else I should check on/worry about?

1470508680324.jpg

1470508694383.jpg

I'd say start with the shell if you think all the innards are intact. But definitely replace all the props. I wouldn't trust props after a crash: they could be weakened at points you can't see!

Mike

A tool set would be a plus as well as a sectioned off box to keep the parts in during the repair session. Make sure your battery is out so there is no chance of shorting out any circuits. I'm sorry you are in this situation, but I admire your efforts to restore your unit.

Toss the props. I once had a minor mishap--an overturned landing. Dirtied the props a bit, but no visible damage to anything. The next time the bird flew, all was fine -- until he went berserk and fell out of the sky. No apparent reason ... except one of the props was sheared in half. I found the missing piece about 30 feet away. Happy ending: he fell 20 feet down, straight onto a bush, no damage at all. But I will never trust props that have had any kind of mishap: the cost to replace is trivial.

Toss the props. I once had a minor mishap--an overturned landing. Dirtied the props a bit, but no visible damage to anything. The next time the bird flew, all was fine -- until he went berserk and fell out of the sky. No apparent reason ... except one of the props was sheared in half. I found the missing piece about 30 feet away. Happy ending: he fell 20 feet down, straight onto a bush, no damage at all. But I will never trust props that have had any kind of mishap: the cost to replace is trivial.
Holy cow, definitely gotta replace the props then. Not gonna take any chances when they are the less expensive part of the repair.
Glad to hear nothing more happened with your bird!
Thank you for the input [emoji5]

And thanks for the other replies [emoji4]

Last edited:
So my bird is flying again, after a successful repair!

725774c3fdaddaa71e62bc95292a2451.jpg

Everything works fine and it seems to be back to factory flying standard. [emoji4] [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj